CSRs...Oh, How I Love Thee...

Look's beautiful but! whats a CSR?
Pork Rib?

Thanks...but it's not me. I just cook'm till they probe, then eat. It's all CSRs.

Look's beautiful but! whats a CSR?
Pork Rib?
CSR= Country Style Ribs. Originally cut from the pork butt and contains part of the shoulder bone. Sometimes cut from the pork loin and sold as boneless CSR. first attempt at pasting an image not sure if you'll be able to see it.
country-style-pork-ribs.jpg

Sorry...Country Style Ribs. Really cheap. I think they're the off cut of pork chops?

Actualy Pork butt. Be careful though sometimes they sell sliced loin as CSR's...and they are way too lean. Look for the ones with the bone in pictured above.

Actualy Pork butt. Be careful though sometimes they sell sliced loin as CSR's...and they are way too lean. Look for the ones with the bone in pictured above.

Was my butcher right when he said they were the off cut of the chops or loin? Sorry...don't know anything about this stuff.

Those look delicious! I have 10 lbs of them in the freezer. I swear I can hear them screaming SMOKE MEEEEEEEE!

I came up with chuck steak roast but meat looked wrong for that.

Looks great. I wasn’t hungry, now I am!

I love CSR’s. They have a very good taste and are very tender. IMO, the ones from the butt are superior to any other location. In fact, I have bought butts and have had the butcher slice them into 1” country style “ribs”. I usually rub mine just like my baby backs and cook them nekkid at 275* for about 4 hours or until probe tender.

Good luck. Joe

It's been a long long time since I have done CSRs, I used to do them on the grill and they never disappointed. Yours look outstanding.

Man, you have that dialed in. Bark looks outstanding and flavorful. I just had a steak and now I’m hungry again

It's been a long long time since I have done CSRs, I used to do them on the grill and they never disappointed. Yours look outstanding.
Same here, been years since I made them. But unlike you, when I grilled mine, I was always disappointed. Smoker was much better.

I need to try them again.

Just a quickie...threw these on the MAK at 245, for 5 1/2 hours. No foil, sauce on the side. Why are CSRs so good. They have just the right blend of lean meat and ooozy fat. Soooooo good...
That looks perfectly done neighbor! Nice job. :hail:

Was my butcher right when he said they were the off cut of the chops or loin? Sorry...don't know anything about this stuff.
If you do a google search for images for CSR's you will see some images that show meat that is from the loin with the bone in it. I love a good loin chop, but in my opinion the loin is too lean to take much past 145-150 degrees. A CSR derived from the pork butt will allow a higher finish temp and because of the fat ratio make for a tastier piece of meat.

As others have said, used to cook CSR's all of the time because they were cheap. Rarely cook them anymore.

Robert

Back