Got lucky and hit a home run with CSR's!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I wish each and everyone of you could taste these. These Country Style Pork Ribs were melt in your mouth delicious juicy pork candy! Seasoned with Bad Byrons and basted them with a homemade BBQ glaze with Apricot preserves, and lots of other goodies with a apple cider vinegar base. I've grate cooked these many times but rotisserie with the OctoForks took them to the next level.

Spinning the "ribs" like this is a must try!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T52AtopGoh4"]OctoForks Rotisserie Country Style Ribs: Worlds Best Rotisserie Forks - YouTube[/ame]

Man, those look delicious...... Very Nice Cook.

CSR's provide a variety of great tasting meat.

Man those look pretty awesome! I'll have pull out the roti and try some self-basted CSRs.

With 78,000+ members, you're going to need a bigger smoker for each of us to have some. Let me know when they are ready. They look awesome.

Wow awesome cook :clap2:

Beautiful color and nice smoke ring :thumb:
Thanks! Something else to try. 8 will fit on the Octoforks for you but I was only cooking 6. Yea the smoke ring was decent...especially for not being on that long but the real fire puts off a lot of N.O

I'd be proud to hit that!

Looks great, Keith.
Thanks Marc. Hope you get a chance to make it back to the Fort this Summer!

With 78,000+ members, you're going to need a bigger smoker for each of us to have some. Let me know when they are ready. They look awesome.
I'll just have to keep some going 24-7! lol

The moisture in everything you cook is amazing. Nicely done.
Rotisserie like this does tend to keep things more moist. The meat isn't getting "grilled" with conduction heat and I think that's part of the reason.

Man those look pretty awesome! I'll have pull out the roti and try some self-basted CSRs.
Paul you do need to try them! PM if you want OctoForks. The juice will drip from one to the other...I'll get you a promo code

I kinda doubt it was luck with you cooking those gems Keith.
Well it was the first time trying them like this so there was some luck. :becky: lol

how long did you spin those guys ? cooked the whole tie on the roti ?
I need to start timing cooks. Just guessing maybe 30 minutes? It was cooking pretty hot though....at one point my therm on the drum read 600* so I closed up the FB door and let the fire chill. Average temp might have been 400* or so.

Yes no grilling or anything it was rotisserie the whole cook (direct fire)

Those look great, I have always had good luck using apricot preserves for a glaze especially on ham.

Those look great, I have always had good luck using apricot preserves for a glaze especially on ham.
Bill oh yea. It's good by itself or mixed in a sauce/glaze Last night I used it mixed with a apple cider vinegar glaze. Definitely can't go wrong with apricot!

Back