How to get on a vendor list?

Bikaone

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I would need/like some help if you guys would be so kind. Just wondering what is the best way to get on companies/corporations vendors list? Direct phone call to them or an individual email as i don't believe in mass marketing emails would work? Which is the best option?

And how to get on a vendor list for like a wedding/event planner company? Call or an email? Same question ...Ant feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I am just trying to get my feet wet, and find out what would be the best way to advertise, put the word out. I do not believe Google Ad Sense would make any difference, as you would be one of the thousands of ads...Thank YOU.

Direct calls is how I've gotten most. Talk to them about upcoming events or catered luncheons. Check with your local radio stations and see what outdoor concerts and things they put on. Take them some samples after you speak with them. Heck, sign up to vend at different things and get yourself out there. Wherever the people are spending their weekends is where you want to be. If there is a benefit being held somewhere, offer to cook for free. Gives you a chance to help those in need and get your name out there.

@KIMO1....I truly appreciated how you take a min , and help me with the answer. Thanks so much.

+1 There are so many ways to make it work, so many "weapons" to use to get your name out there. Don't limit yourself to just 1 or 2

I started out doing fund raisers for local organizations. I would cook the food for them at let them cover my costs as I was just working to get my name out. For me it took off fairly quickly so be prepared for that.

I went to local churches and did chicken dinner fundraisers, local swim clubs and little league sports organizations.

Welcome! We are all here to help and learn. Now, get your arse moving!

School/sports team fundraisers work well - Cover cost, make a little money, and get your name out to the local crowd in just a few hours.

One method that has always worked is cold calling larger businesses - 100 + employees. We hit an office park with flyers, and Pulled Pork - We go into every business and ask who books their employee appreciation lunches or customer events, and invite that person out to our rig for a Pulled Pork slider. Minimal cost for a big impression.

We also use lead generation sites for Catering like decidio.com, localcatering.com, etc. Best of luck!

Good answers from the guys above. Another thing- don't forget about venues! Search for different venues (banquet halls, convention centers) in your area and BCC 'em all in a nice e-mail (with lots of pretty pictures). Follow up with a phone call a few days later. Follow that up with a delivered lunch for a few of their staff. You may just get on their preferred caterer list.

Back