How many of us

Most of y'all sound much like me. My wife is an excellent cook, and we both enjoy cooking. We usually split the weekly cooking up, we hardly ever eat out. The weekends are usually all mine, and we split the weekdays. Sometimes, we cook together, but not too often, because we are both pretty picky about our cooking. I cook outside frequently, but I also enjoy cooking inside. My wife is mostly an inside cook. She cooks on the gasser pretty often, but she never lights the coals. She can cook a mean meal on a campfire or Coleman stove, though.

Same here. I handle all the outside stuff, and call myself her sous chef. Cooking together is really good for a relationship, at least in our case.

Sorry to get all Dr Phil on here. :drama:

I cook almost everything that is cooked outside, usually 3 nights a week or so. My wife is an excellent cook too, and she will either handle sides or cook something inside when it's her turn to cook.

I cook inside, outside, on the creek bank ect...

I even do a mean tire rim grilling or use one for one of my Dutch Ovens.
In places where it's still legal, a Trout or Steak grilled on a grate
over a tire rim can be fantastic river bank fare...

In the house I took over most of the cooking before I retired.
I started with stove top and then learned to use an oven...
(Same as most of you)

My wife gets off work a lot earlier than I do so she handles M-F, but on weekends it's all me, inside or out.

Not just me, my entire family (mom, dad, grandmother, aunts, etc.) cooks and does it quite well. My wife's family, not so much.

It all depends on time and what's up. I can cook great food in house, including baked and fried chicken inside or BBQ it outdoors. I tend to switch it up so the family does not get tired of the same old thing. Weather plays a big part in what I will do. Much more outdoors in the warmer months but I been outside 2 nights in a row this weekend. Burgers,
Made from these two meats that I ground with some thick cut hickory smoked bacon. Added half a baby bell in the middle of theses burgers as well as a splash of peppers cow and soy sauce. Topped with two slices of American cheese. Cooked with pecan wood and did a reverse sear.
ma7unu8u.jpg

Good stuff!!!
Of corse there are sides to add. Onion, tomato, etc.

ybezyga6.jpg

umagadeb.jpg

I cook outside as much as the weather allows. Not a huge fan of gassers, but it lets you do a quick cook when you get home from work. Some things are just better suited to the stove though.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk HD

I cook inside and outside, year round. I even grow some of our food in the summer in the garden. In fact, I still have three parsnips in the ground.

Back