• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Phubar's Sweet Heat Pear Pepper Ribs with Smoked Sweet Tater Salad Pron

Phubar

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Padawan was at my house yesterday and she requested ribs,that was a good call cause I was craving for some!

Ribs were coated with olive oil and Phoil Hat rub...aPhter 3 hours smoke I glazed them with Sweet Heat Pear Pepper sauce that I still had lePht Phrom last year.
This was the Phirst time I did the sauce real justice as a glaze cause I made it thinner then it was bePhore.

Taters were only covered in olive oil.
I used some lePhtover ravigotte sauce for the tater salad and I added the smoked eggs Phrom last Phriday.
This was one of the best tater salads I ever ate and made!

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

*rookie question*

The times that I've smoked ribs I sort of Phailed the bend test...my ribs almost break in halPh when I pull them...are they overdone when that happens?

Next time just check them using the bend test earlier and take one off or a piece of one off when the bend test predicts that they are done. The meat should split, but not be almost falling apart. Take a taste and judge for yourself. The meat should not be falling off the bone. Having said that, the ultimate test is whether or not YOU like them. If YOU think they can be improved, experiment a little. My 2 cents...

Lookin' phantastic man!

For competition purposes, yes, they would probably be considered overcooked if they break apart, but if you're happy with your ribs, enjoy them as is!

Absolutely, if you're happy with your ribs, they're PERFECT!
And those ribs look PERFECT!
...and your salad... HoleyBalls! Looks Phenomenal!!
VeryVERYNICE!

Hey Phu... something you ned to try.. Last time I did eggs on the smoker I stumbled on a fun fact... once they firm up slightly you should try take one or two and crack the shell slightly all over and put it back in the smoker. It will come out with a real cool marbled effect. :D just for chits and giggles. lol

Cheers Brother!

Excellent Phood there Phu, I like the smoked eggs idea and the ribs look good to me.

Phu... Ribs & salad making an outstanding meal. Am I correct in guessing that your plate is the one on the right?

Sweet! :thumb: Having pork chops tonight...hoping they taste like ribs now...:becky:

Phu... Ribs & salad making an outstanding meal. Am I correct in guessing that your plate is the one on the right?

Well...normally you would be right but in this case you're wrong.:thumb:
She said:"it looks like I've got more ribs than you have."
No worries...I catched up those extra ribs in the 2nd round.:becky:

Lookin' good Phu! :thumb:

Good to see you Doc.!:cool:

Back