• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Underground Pig (picture heavy)

oh man that looks awesome!!!!! great pics and great looking grub!

as usual, you stun us again. i think i'm gaining weight looking at all yer pics !

Thanks everybody, it was tasty and a lot of fun. :wink:

:confused: I'm confused.

It's just that I find it incredibly hard to believe that any one person could possibly cook such glorious meals (often for tens of people) on a daily basis using a campfire, smoker, pig pit, or grill--all the while maintaining a working farm growing the products being cooked. AND taking artistically beautiful photographs of the results? Raising shrimp, too? C'mon.
Probably isn't going to be the most popular response in the forum, but I think someone is playing to the good-natured credulity of the brethren.
Just my thoughts.

It's just that I find it incredibly hard to believe that any one person could possibly cook such glorious meals (often for tens of people) on a daily basis using a campfire, smoker, pig pit, or grill--all the while maintaining a working farm growing the products being cooked. AND taking artistically beautiful photographs of the results? Raising shrimp, too? C'mon.
Probably isn't going to be the most popular response in the forum, but I think someone is playing to the good-natured credulity of the brethren.
Just my thoughts.

I'm have no idea what I have done to offend you but please accept my apology. You have only posted negative comments on all of my posts since you arrived...
I realize you are fairly new to the forum and maybe have not been here long enough to realize that I DO smoke a lot and cook a lot and share the results with the Brethren.

If you haven't noticed, I do not cook on a daily basis. maybe weekly if I'm lucky.
I don't feel the need to explain myself or my lifestyle to you though.
If my posts offend you, please do not open them.

Bravo!
How did you gauge internal temp on the pig?

I don't keep track on an underground pig. When we dig it up the next day, we take it's temperature to make sure it's ready though.

This is just the way everyone does it around here..nothing new. The biggest pig I've done was 225lbs. This one was between 125 and 130.

Tom and Paul...Thanks! :)
DivaQ...Thank you!!! :-D

Just my thoughts.

I believe. I believe. I believe!

Ya know jeannie your food, as usual, looks great! Next time you do a pig let me know and I will see about getting ya banana leaves to wrap it in. Adds a whole new dimension to the pork. Hell if you let me have some cracklin's I will drive a whole damn truck load up for you to stock pile!

I don't keep track on an underground pig. When we dig it up the next day, we take it's temperature to make sure it's ready though.

This is just the way everyone does it around here..nothing new. The biggest pig I've done was 225lbs. This one was between 125 and 130.

Tom and Paul...Thanks! :)
DivaQ...Thank you!!! :-D

Yeah i have always wanted to try that, just haven't actually DONE IT yet. looks awesome

I believe. I believe. I believe!

Ya know jeannie your food, as usual, looks great! Next time you do a pig let me know and I will see about getting ya banana leaves to wrap it in. Adds a whole new dimension to the pork. Hell if you let me have some cracklin's I will drive a whole damn truck load up for you to stock pile!

Thanks Marc! Banana leaves would be a first for me. I'd like to try them some time. The wet burlap adds a lot of moisture to the pig. Bet the leaves would work great!

Thanks Trust and 3 Rivers! :)

I'm have no idea what I have done to offend you but please accept my apology. You have only posted negative comments on all of my posts since you arrived...

Not offended and there's no need for an apology. I've only posted two comments on your threads--both in the same vein. If anyone should be offended it would be you.
Still in all, I find it hard to believe all you claim to do. That said, I'll keep my thoughts to myself henceforth.
Peace?

Not offended and there's no need for an apology. I've only posted two comments on your threads--both in the same vein. If anyone should be offended it would be you.
Still in all, I find it hard to believe all you claim to do. That said, I'll keep my thoughts to myself henceforth.
Peace?

Let me get this straight.... You call me a liar and then ask for peace?

You need to get out into the world more.. there are a whole lot of women just like me that farm, raise animals and cook. It's not hard to do.

Again, please avoid my posts.

Peace?

Oh man you shouldn't have.........

Jeanie, I'm only offended because you're such a better cook and photographer and hunter and fisher and shrimp grower and...well, you're my hero :)

I realize you are fairly new to the forum and maybe have not been here long enough to realize that I DO smoke a lot and cook a lot and share the results with the Brethren.

If you haven't noticed, I do not cook on a daily basis. maybe weekly if I'm lucky.
I don't feel the need to explain myself or my lifestyle to you though.

LOL, get'em girl...grrrrr! Don't let her get you in her crosshairs buddy:lol::lol::lol:

I got a quick question. . . .can I come deer hunting???? LOL - WOW!!

Mike

Back