Your WORST Box Ever! (What Not to Turn in!)

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Someone suggested a thread where we post our worst turn-in box ever so I'll get it started. This was my very first turn-in at the American Royal in 2005. Seems I pretty much ignored all the stuff I learned here leading up to that contest. :roll: This is utterly HORRIBLE! I've progressed a small bit since then. :shock:

chicken_turn_in.jpg

I can so dominate this thread. Here are pics from my first competition, where I obviously had no clue. I think everything tasted as bad as it looked.
ChickenTurnIn.jpg

PorkTurnIn.jpg

Looking at what we do now, which still needs work, makes me wonder how drunk I really was that day.

Only one?

OK Joes 2007, our first comp - Looks like we tried our hardest to hide it.
normal_brisket_turn_in2.JPG

2007 Ankeny Ducks Unlimited - 4 slices ... slices of something
normal_ankpork2small.JPG

2007 American Royal - 411th place!
normal_Royal_porksm.JPG

Hot dawg! Can't wait til I get home tonight and get a pic off my home computer. Unfortunatly I think I can compete in this competition :oops:

This is a brisket practice box I did in January, 2005,,(after my first 2 contests in the fall of 2004),,,,,,

I remember at the time I thought I had done quite well,,,,,,:shock:

Attachments

• Brisket Practice.jpg
    Brisket Practice.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 10,492
I don't have pics but I can describe the two worst boxes that I have seen.

I know parboiling ribs is against the rules but if I didn't know any better I would have thought they were. The appearance looked like somebody cut them up with a chainsaw and there was no color to them. A lot of grease in the box too, especially when the table captain tipped the box during appearance and it pooled at the bottom. When I went to grab one by the bone, the meat fell off so I scooped up some meat and put it on the plate.

Pork slices were in a box and although it looked pretty good, one of the slices was showing the vein with blood around it. I don't believe anyone sampled that piece.

Ohhh, I should be a Natrual at this game...

As I recall, this was so overcooked I was happy just to get 6 pieces in the box! And this was not that long ago.

IMG_1063.jpg

I think it is hillarious what some of you think bad is...It is better than the stuff I turn in now!

I would of thought that brisket box was a pork box...

Thank goodness I use a FE-100. It turns out perfect food every single time... I've never had a bad box... :roll:

I would of thought that brisket box was a pork box...

Thank goodness I use a FE-100. It turns out perfect food every single time... I've never had a bad box... :roll:
I heard that you stick little compressed pills of the each meat and the FEC spits them out full size and award winning :rolleyes:

The Meatheads DAL chicken in Lawrence in 2004. Scored a 129.7142 - Last out of 48 teams.

Attachments

• Worse Ever Chicken.jpg
    Worse Ever Chicken.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 4,509
Back