New in New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TLarr

I've never heard of too much BBQ in New England, but there are a few of us here. There is a NEBBQ Society but I've yet to join. I'm a Texas transplant that didn't get in to Q'n till I came up here. :wink: . I found a Bandera at the local Wal-Mart and ... since they didn't even know what it was or what it was for got it for short $$$$. Now I'm into my third year of smoking and have become a legend (I'm a small fish in a teeny tiny BBQ pond around here). If and when I move back to Texas I'll have to really learn to Q

Great site. Lot's of help.

Don't be shy

t

Shy? Well, maybe Bill is. :D Welcome to the group! And you don't have to have locals around for Q, we're all just a click away. Closer if you've got beer!

Welcome 2r's, good to see you start posting after joining round near Christmas.

Thats funny, come to New England to Q, hailing from Texas.

Don't be afeared to jump in and contradict us yappers. None of us are right all the time. Ask TK for his new foil method to hold temps down.

JT, I am shy. Does your phone smell?

T, Welcome, if you've been scoping this place since Dec, you know what to expect, despite all the fun we do get around to some cookin' now and then.

Don't be shy
You either, and again, welcome Brother.

Never saw that one.

Maybe not an 11. Forgot KC was the 11 guy.

Pretty good flick though.

Spinal Tap is much better.

We're professionals. We'll rise above it.

Don't mind them!
Welcome to the neighborhood.

DFLittle said:
Don't mind them!
Welcome to the neighborhood.

Yes, welcome again TLarr!
Thanks for answering my welcoming PM......

Welcome to the gang. We all just like to have fun around here, so jump in and join us. Great to have you.

Slat

Late to reply,

My stepdaughter and her husband are in the Coast Guard based in Boston - they met in Maine so we visted up there and Boston a couple of times- what people think is BBQ seems to be pretty much grilled hamburgers. Lived in NJ and almost got in a fight with a butcher who really really didn't want to give me a brisket without "takin off all that crap off".

Welcome and I am going to listen to the sports talk guys about the new community.

R

Welcome!

First thing to learn, most brothers don't have their own vehicles, so there is a lot of HIJACKING that goes on here, all in good fun!

Welcome tlarr, you and that other misplaced texan hornbri may have a lot in common.

Hey tlarr, welcome to BBQ Heaven. We have a good mix of serious advice and just plain foolishness. You certainly have drastically change your climate by moving from Texas to NE. Which do you like better? I have spent some time in Texas, but not much in the NE. Looks like an interesting area to live with a lot of diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back