Throwdown Prizes???

How shoudl prizes be offered in the Throwdowns?

• Each week a select prize is up for grabs (good advertising opportunity for that item)

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • All prizes crrently available are kept in a pool for the winner to select from

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No prizes please, the Throwdowns are fine the way they are

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
An idea has been floating around for people/businesses with products that they sell/promote to offer up prizes for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns. The competition is still open to everyone the way it always has been, but now the winers could actually win a prize!

There are a few ideas out there on how/whether to offer prizes. Please select the option above you prefer regarding prizes for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns.

Honestly, it's bad enough I suck at this enough to not come close to a win, but to also lose a prize, why bother? Just leave it a bragging-rights contest.

As a purveyor of related stuff, I am all for providing stuff for the winners.

guys, please be cognizant that we dont allow advertising on the forum. So if you come up with something, we don't want to start attracting folks who only come here to hawk their wares. Established members want to join in thats ok(like bubba and chipper), but historically, we always jump on new folks that just show up and immediately start hawking stuff. Unlikely yes, but just keep one eye open.

Good point. We could be inviting trouble expecting 52 different prizes per year...

Back