Fire Box not True?

Dirtbuddy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
New to the ceramic world and wondering if fire boxes not being true is a common thing? :confused: Mine rocks back and forth in my KJC when cleaning the grate and it's kinda annoying. I've yet to clean it all out to see if anything is under it but i'm pretty sure it's done this since day one.

You may have to make sure the fire box is set flat in the bottom of the cooker. Also check the bottom for imperfections that may be causing it to rock.

If everything is clean and there is nothing causing it other than it not be "true", I would call the manufacturer. I have never heard of this and it would frustrate the hell out of me.

Okay, so i got into this after dinner tonight.

Pulled the fire box out and put it on a couple flat surfaces and no rocking. Looks like the problem is the interior of the actual Kamado. So, i've taken pictures of the fire box on flat surfaces & also pic's of the interior of the Kamado with nothing it in. I also took some video of it assembled with the box rocking back and forth and all has been sent to KJ. Guess we'll see what they have to say tomorrow.

They have received the pic's and video, which have been forwarded to one of the big wigs @ KJ and i should hear back from someone early next week.

Back