Reheating Pork Shoulder Question

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I will be cooking for my company's Christmas BBQ to be served Monday. I will be serving BBQ pork, brisket, and turkey. Brisket and turkey can be cooked a lot faster than pork shoulder so I am considering the possibility of cooking the pork the day before.

I am not a believer in warmed over BBQ and am not sure about the results. Is there a way to cook the pork shoulder the day before and reheat it on the day it will be served without compromising the quality?

Should I cook it 80% the day before and then 20% on the day it's served? Should I cook it and pull it then reheat it the next day before serving? Should I just cook the butts, don't pull them, reheat them and then pull them? Should I just get my butt out of bed at 4am and start cooking all on the same day?

Thanks, brethren, for any help.

If the small portions are to tough to manage, you can cook 100% and put whole in a large vac seal bag. You dont need to seal the bag, just fold it under. Next day, toss the bag and all in the oven at 300* then pull once it reaches 150* internal. Should take a few hours depending on how big the butt is.

OK, I have the butts sealed up. About how long does it take to reheat one when boiling it in the bag?

I cook every thing around 300 Butts & Brisket run about 45 min Lb Ribs 3.5 -4 hrs turkey will go about 40 min lb. so I fail to see the problem with getting your Butts done in time.

I cooked them today and will be serving them tomorrow. I vacuum sealed the butts, gave them an ice bath to cool them down, and put them in the fridge. Now, I need to reheat them in the morning.

Pitmaster T gave some great tips on dealing with the brisket, so I got that covered.

Back