MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
ZILLA
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Results: American American Legion Post 618 12th Annual 40 & 8 Cookoff

Wow! Just got back from the American Legion Post 618 12th Annual 40 & 8 Cookoff.

What is "Forty and Eight"? Read more about that here.
http://fortyandeight.org/background.htm

This cookoff was in Willis, Texas about 20 miles north of Conroe, Texas. It was above 100 all weekend down here with clear skies and man that's a challenge to cook in. The earth in Willis is this fine silty soil and with the full body of sweat and a fan and occasional breeze we were encapsulated in a thin layer of dirt in no time. I was so filthy by last night I had to shower twice to get all the dirt off of me.

Don't get me wrong we had a great time and we cooked some great BBQ. We (Crapshoot BBQ) got Reserve GC in a tie with the great Don Canterbury. His brisket score was higher so he took the GC. His 5th in a row no less. If you don't know him he's a great guy and a great cook.

I hope everyone had a good time this weekend, and I'm glad that no one fell out due to the heat cause it was a hot!! The full results will be posted on TGCBCA web site as soon as Texana (Craig) can post them. Here are the top 10 overall winners.

10th Smokey & The Bandits

9th VFW 4709

8th The Pit Crew #2

7th We B Smokin too (Don Canterbury's wife Jan)

6th Get er Done

5th Pitmaster

4th Lady Pitmaster

3rd Last Call

Res Grand - Crapshoot BBQ

Grand Champ - We Be Smokin
ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great job Bro. I have reletives in Conroe.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
michiana mark
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mark

Congrats to you Zilla and also your sidekick Texana. Just one question, who was in charge of the chicken?

Weber Silver 22.5X2, UDSx2
KCBS-CBJ #16571, Member GLBBQA
Roadmaster BBQ comp team
Proud member of the Blue Thermapen Association
Certified MOINKballer Class of 2008
michiana mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
Dale P
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats Zilla!

Perry Brothers & Sons Bar-B-Q
Dale P is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
Divemaster

Congrats!!!! Great showing!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
BBQ Grail

Great job Zilla!

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote