MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
Boomshakalaka
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Website to reference for all sanctioning body's?

Hey fellas, is there a specific website that anyone has put together as a place to reference bbq comps in certain states or regions from all sanctioning body's? Instead of having to weed through several websites looking for competitions to enter? I am specifically looking for the southeast. Ga, Al, Northern Fl. I just would like to see all my options if that is possible, and not worried what sanctioning body it's under. Thanks a million for your time.
Boomshakalaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
5string
is one Smokin' Farker

Try google, I found this and many more
http://www.killerhogs.com/competitionbbqevents.html

Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Boomshakalaka

Yeah saw that. That would be fine if those dates weren't from 2008. I've tried google. Can't find a site that is relevant. Just looking for one that may be popular amongst the brethren. There has to be a good one out there...

Old 10-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I haven't found anything. Some state BBQ associations list all events in that state, but that seems to be it.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Boomshakalaka

Looks like it... Oh well. Worth a shot! Thanks!

Old 10-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

National BBQ News has listings for most of the sanctioned contests. There is no comprehensive list I'm aware of for the many non-sanctioned events though.

Edit: You might also try the BBQ Times - they are out of middle GA and cover the southern part of the state pretty well.

Last edited by Gowan; 10-21-2013 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: added info
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
Boomshakalaka

That's exactly what I was looking for Civil War! Thanks a lot bud.. You're awesome!

Old 10-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

My pleasure. Hope you find some good shows.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2013 season is wrapped up, but you can still find Sanctioning information, Calendar of past events, Team of the Year rankings, Rules and more at www.pnwba.com and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PNWBA?ref=hl.

It's how we roll!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #10
bbq.tom
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilWarBBQ View Post
National BBQ News has listings for most of the sanctioned contests. There is no comprehensive list I'm aware of for the many non-sanctioned events though.
Actually, while the National Barbecue News is probably your best source for finding lots of contests listed across sanctioning bodies in one place, it is by no means all inclusive. Only the sanctioning bodies that submit information to the National Barbecue News are included.
Currently, there are only 15 of the more than 60 barbecue organizations in the USA that submit contest information to the National Barbecue News. They also provide non-sanctioned contest information that they are aware of, but again, only what is submitted to them.

The National Barbecue News is a GREAT resource, but not nearly comprehensive. For example, SCBA (South Carolina Barbecue Association) sanctions 36 contests a year, NCPC (North Carolina Pork Council) sanctions 23 contests a year, etc., and they are not listed.

Another site to look at is: http://www.bbq-festivals.com/bbqfestival_directory.html
which lists bbq festivals and competitions by state. Currently, 27 states listed with festivals and competitions. Still NOT comprehensive, but it is another resource.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CBJ - MBN, NCBS, NCPC, SBN[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CTC - KCBS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]4 Lil' Pigs Competition BBQ Team[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]270-Sumo, LANG, BDS, & Holland Epic[/COLOR][/SIZE]
bbq.tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
Boomshakalaka

Thanks for the additional info! I just subscribed to National BBQ News yesterday! One of my main reasons is for wanting this info is that I want to compete out of my 32' class C for now because I do not have a competition bbq trailer, and my cooker is a tow behind. I figure this way I will be able to find competitions that can accommodate my set up, until I can talk the wife into letting be buy a trailer. For now I like the idea of having my kitchen, hot water, and bed handy. But, it limits me a bit....

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Thesmokering.com has a contest calendar that covers many sanctioning bodies

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq.tom View Post
Actually, while the National Barbecue News is probably your best source for finding lots of contests listed across sanctioning bodies in one place, it is by no means all inclusive. Only the sanctioning bodies that submit information to the National Barbecue News are included.
Currently, there are only 15 of the more than 60 barbecue organizations in the USA that submit contest information to the National Barbecue News. They also provide non-sanctioned contest information that they are aware of, but again, only what is submitted to them.

The National Barbecue News is a GREAT resource, but not nearly comprehensive. For example, SCBA (South Carolina Barbecue Association) sanctions 36 contests a year, NCPC (North Carolina Pork Council) sanctions 23 contests a year, etc., and they are not listed.

Another site to look at is: http://www.bbq-festivals.com/bbqfestival_directory.html
which lists bbq festivals and competitions by state. Currently, 27 states listed with festivals and competitions. Still NOT comprehensive, but it is another resource.

Yeah yeah yeah, but nobody cares about North Carolina...

:-)
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
bbq.tom
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
Yeah yeah yeah, but nobody cares about North Carolina...

:-)
THANKS Hance!!!

P.S. - Are you going to the Big Pig Jig this year? Will be my first time to judge this one.
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CBJ - MBN, NCBS, NCPC, SBN[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CTC - KCBS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]4 Lil' Pigs Competition BBQ Team[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]270-Sumo, LANG, BDS, & Holland Epic[/COLOR][/SIZE]
bbq.tom is offline   Reply With Quote