Food Vendors
Local Business & Vendor Booths

Headlining: The Rhondels of Virginia Beach

Event co-sponsors:
Blue Mountain Brewery & Blue Mountain Barrel House
Thistle Gate Vineyard

Save the Date!

More info. about the event and how to reserve a vendor space
and enter the BBQ contest will be announced early in 2012.

*12/15/11: The Kansas City Barbeque Society has approved this event as a KCBS sanctioned contest to be held annually. This is now an official State Barbeque Championship of Virginia.

Our little town is located outside of Charlottesville Va right behind the home of President Thomas Jefferson. Great place to visit for vacation!

Last edited:
I am excited about our contest. We will only be able to take 25 teams this year. Our purse is over $10,000. Great for a first year contest. We will have some great and unique trophies. If you have any questions please let me know.
John

Cat Sass Bbq will be there! I know John Atkins has been working on this for years and glad to see it all coming together. Great payout for a first year sanctioned event! Could be as big as Picking in the Panhandle in a year or two. Sure want to be part of it from the start.

The Virginia BBQ Pirates are planning on this one. With John involved I'm sure this will be a great event!

I'm about "this" far from abandoning the idea of doing DC and going out to Palmyra instead. Scott was very convincing.

I'm about "this" far from abandoning the idea of doing DC and going out to Palmyra instead. Scott was very convincing.

Well let me push you the rest of the way, great venue and event, knowing the players involved. Besides, DC, on ashphalt, crazy load-in/load-out times, and all that other stuff. Real no-brainer here.........

Well let me push you the rest of the way, great venue and event, knowing the players involved. Besides, DC, on ashphalt, crazy load-in/load-out times, and all that other stuff. Real no-brainer here.........

Yep the only objection may be from a potential collaborator for Sunday's DC pork events. You don't have to convince me that Palmyra will be more enjoyable!

OK maybe I'll go split squad. Put Sharon in charge on Friday/Saturday in DC and call it "Degüella BBQ" then roll into town night for fun on Sunday. That should make everyone happy, right? :icon_smile_tongue:

OK maybe I'll go split squad. Put Sharon in charge on Friday/Saturday in DC and call it "Degüella BBQ" then roll into town night for fun on Sunday. That should make everyone happy, right? :icon_smile_tongue:
Isn't DC a Saturday / Sunday event?

I didn't realize how close Palmyra is to Lousia plus I just noticed that we're giving away an entry to this at the MABA Annual Meeting.

Maybe Myron can fend for himself in DC this year:tongue:

Isn't DC a Saturday / Sunday event?
It is.

* I train up Sharon to cook brisket and chicken (hey how hard can THAT be?) and she handles Saturday in DC.

* I cook Friday/Saturday in Palmyra.

* Finish Palmyra and head back to DC.

The only problem with this scenario is that Sharon has to sit out on Constitution Avenue on Friday night waiting to load in for DC. And I know THAT is not going to happen. Or, perhaps I can send out an ad looking for a new team member. Load in comes under "duties as assigned"......:blah:

It is.

* I train up Sharon to cook brisket and chicken (hey how hard can THAT be?) and she handles Saturday in DC.

* I cook Friday/Saturday in Palmyra.

* Finish Palmyra and head back to DC.

The only problem with this scenario is that Sharon has to sit out on Constitution Avenue on Friday night waiting to load in for DC. And I know THAT is not going to happen. Or, perhaps I can send out an ad looking for a new team member. Load in comes under "duties as assigned"......:blah:

I just looked at the webstie I thought they were bringing back the Sunday MBN event in 2012 instead of running an illegal (rule 11) KCBS event over 2 days. I guess that fell apart. Myron may not come up without the MBN portion. We shall see.

Back