Little Guy VS. Godzilla literally

B

Bob L

Hey Brethren,

There is a little rodside 'Q joint in Damariscotta, Maine with some legal issues.

In support of them (I do not know them nor have I ever eaten there), I felt I should post the following link to an article about the company that owns the rights to Godzilla suing this little joint because they call themselve Grillzilla. Can you say RIDICULOUS.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/monster-firm-bares-its-teeth-over-trademark_2010-08-08.html.

The link to this roadside restaurant is in the article.

Wonder how Mozilla gets away with it? They are an internet browser company who makes Firefox and Thunderbird.

Huh?

I just finished going to the next post and what did I find. Looks like one of our own brethern may be in trouble with this ridiculous lawsuit. John Fitzgerald "Fitz"- Head Hog of the Hog Zilla Cook Team

A number of years ago there was a bar somewhere around here called "Jeep's" and Chrysler asked the owner to change the name (it was his nickname IIRC) even though he'd been using it since long before Chrysler bought AMC. I remember a few rumblings about possible legal action but can't recall what the final outcome was.

Brad

If I was the grill owner I'd say go ahead and sue me, then represent myself or look for an attorney aspiring for political office to do the case pro-bono. Odds are that even if the court agreed with the plaintiff, all that would happen is they'd be ordered to discontinue use. In order to be awarded any kind of damages the Godzilla people would have to prove that their brand was financially harmed in some way. That would be a huge stretch.

I just finished going to the next post and what did I find. Looks like one of our own brethern may be in trouble with this ridiculous lawsuit. John Fitzgerald "Fitz"- Head Hog of the Hog Zilla Cook Team

Guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for the heads up

It's become a sorry situation when mega corp with their legal teams can stifle American entrepreneurship.

We rent a cabin on Damariscotta Lake. What a beautiful area.
I'll have to look for Grill Zilla next summer when we go back.

You hankerin fer some ribs and watermelon Glen? :heh: You people are so predictable... :rolleyes: See you in November brother!! :wink:

Go figure... another corporate law team trying to justify their existence by going after a little guy.

I'd tell them to bring it on. You can't trade mark a pre-fix. Zilla? What about the word Cola? Frivolous Farkin attorneys.

Do a search on Monster. The compnay that produces cables is doing this kind of thing all the time.

screw Monster... they have a long history of doing this.

Back