Derek's Farking Pizza Phatty Phrom Michigan

D

Derek

Here's the Phatty I'm doing and the only salt I've added was the bacon ( bacon will be added tomorrow morning ) and a table spoon full of Worcestershire sauce.

The spices
820225857_dapDB-L.jpg

The salt ( just a tablespoon though )
820225892_2PaXQ-L.jpg

Red Pepper & onions
820225923_pbWfT-L.jpg

Before I mixed it by hand
820225969_xmRcE-L.jpg

The photo of the Roho pepper & the blanco onions didn't show up farkin A!

I'll show the rest tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure that's sausage. Looks like plain ground pork.

Keep us posted! You can always make your own sausage out of ground pork.:cool:

Oh MAN! If it ain't sausage, it ain't a fatty! Might as well quit now! :razz:
Thanks Rodney ( So it could be a Phatty Imposter? )

Keep us posted! You can always make your own sausage out of ground pork.:cool:
How do I do that? Just add the spices that I did? and done?

I've allso saw sausage in a package like jimmy deen ( but it was BIG and it was a great value package ) And it looked liked the same stuff I purchased but in 1 pound containers.......

Oh yeah I will keep everyone posted..

Here's a recipe for a Jimmy Dean clone I have for 5 pounds of meat. I suppose you could just omit the salt and MSG

5 tsp Salt
1 1/4 tsp MSG
1 1/4 tsp Coriander
1 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 1/2 tsp dried Parlsey
1 1/4 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/4 tsp Sage (full amount makes sage flavored breakfast sausage, reduce or omit as you please for non-sage flavored)
1/4 tsp Citric Acid (use Lemon Pepper in a pinch, not ideal but works)

Here's a recipe for a Jimmy Dean clone I have for 5 pounds of meat. I suppose you could just omit the salt and MSG

5 tsp Salt
1 1/4 tsp MSG
1 1/4 tsp Coriander
1 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 1/2 tsp dried Parlsey
1 1/4 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/4 tsp Sage (full amount makes sage flavored breakfast sausage, reduce or omit as you please for non-sage flavored)
1/4 tsp Citric Acid (use Lemon Pepper in a pinch, not ideal but works)
I did everything but the Salt, MSG, I did dill.

( added this an hour ago after you told me I could make sausage ) and found the same recipe. Thank you Biga You've been a BIG BIG HELP!

Is this Phubar's thread? It doesn't say Phubar at the top but it's full of ph's. It must be Phubar's thread.

:becky:

Is this Phubar's thread? It doesn't say Phubar at the top but it's full of ph's. It must be Phubar's thread.

:becky:
Nope it's mine Ron L, and I'm honored that you think its some one else thread :biggrin:

D,

Be careful about mixing the meat with spices and veggies and letting it sit too long. You can get a ceviche reaction with the acidity.

Is that beer in the pitcher? Derek, I think you are going to find that the whiskey and beer will are better used to marinade yourself internally:wink: instead of wood chips and the water pan. They will pretty much impart zero flavor into the meat. Good luck on the cook. Keep us posted.
Bob

Is that beer in the pitcher? Derek, I think you are going to find that the whiskey and beer will are better used to marinade yourself internally:wink: instead of wood chips and the water pan. They will pretty much impart zero flavor into the meat. Good luck on the cook. Keep us posted.
Bob
Thanks Bob,

No that's whiskey in the water ( half cup and it got deluted ) By the way this is an experiment with the liquor...

The final mix.
820598944_v9XWQ-L.jpg

The roho bell pepper
820598983_TX9Ui-L.jpg

The mushrooms
820599025_ZXPtd-L.jpg

The swiss cheese ( it has 40 sodium per slice and purchased from Gordens )
820599040_bmE8C-L.jpg

The Bacon wrap
820599072_pharE-L.jpg

The fatty shown with my hand for size comparason.
820599094_X8zui-L.jpg

It's in the smoker
820599123_MfieA-L.jpg

I've mixed everything at 3 am this morning so I wouldn't get any acid reaction.

Dman,

Your 8 PM post pics show the meat mixed with peppers & onion.

They always warn about that on the cooking shows.

The fattie pics look great.

Back