Why I love Weber

uncblue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Called CS today to check pricing and to order a new grill cover for my Platinum D6...the cover is 11 yrs old and I inherited it when I got my CL find for $400...I casually mentioned that Amazon had the cover for same price but free shipping so she waived shipping for me...figured since I was on a roll, I'd mention that 1 rod on a section of the S/S grates is loose..next thing I know she's telling me she'll replace the grates...looks it up and she's now sending me all 3 sections of grates..what!!! that's $300 worth of grates..I'm only in this grill now for $100 not including the 2 empty tanks that he threw in for free...

Their CS has now cemented what I already knew... that I'll never buy another brand of grill but Weber.... :clap:

Great to hear about the good guys out there. Thanks for sharing your excellent experience.

I have been preaching the "quality over quantity" message for years. I own very few things, but when I do buy stuff, I go for quality. I have friends who tell me they can't afford the stuff I own, but they have big houses FULL of a lot of cheap chit.

I paid 400 bucks for a lawn mower in 1986. It finally died 23 years later. I also "overpaid" for my redhead Weber Master Touch in 1995 -- I still have it.

My dad learned the hard way that my purchase strategy was a better way. He bought a Weber Genesis over ten years ago, and he has not had to make a single repair on it.

Weber gets people like me. Charge a premium price for a premium product, then provide premium customer service. In the long run, buying quality is cheaper than the low-cost alternative, IMO.

CD

Exactly why I started with a Genesis Silver B in 2004 which is still going strong. A few years after the porcelain enamel cast iron grates that came with it rusted so I called and asked about them. The weber rep said they were not under warranty but he would replace them. I asked if he could send me the stainless ones in lieu of cast iron and he said absolutely.

Then when I was getting in to bbq, I looked at a lot of smokers and came to the realization I just need to stay with what I know so came home the WSM. Then I wanted a good charcoal grill for oak fired steaks, so came home a performer. Then I wanted more bbq space so came home another WSM.

My name is Sam and I have a Weber problem. :twisted:

Love my webers! I went through 3 gas grills in a year and a half. Finally bit the bullet and bought a weber....that was over 6 years ago. I lost 2 knobs on a road trip on my trailer and they gave me new ones for free. They are the best.

Fantabulous! Got my first Weber this summer (Q 300) and there's no looking back.

I have been preaching the "quality over quantity" message for years. I own very few things, but when I do buy stuff, I go for quality. I have friends who tell me they can't afford the stuff I own, but they have big houses FULL of a lot of cheap chit.

I paid 400 bucks for a lawn mower in 1986. It finally died 23 years later. I also "overpaid" for my redhead Weber Master Touch in 1995 -- I still have it.

My dad learned the hard way that my purchase strategy was a better way. He bought a Weber Genesis over ten years ago, and he has not had to make a single repair on it.

Weber gets people like me. Charge a premium price for a premium product, then provide premium customer service. In the long run, buying quality is cheaper than the low-cost alternative, IMO.

CD

I couldn't have said it any better Brother. I am always getting crap from people about how much I pay for things when I could get some other brand for so much cheaper. I do the research and buy quality products and pay the price. I have one friend who's wife alone makes more than my wife and I. I bought my Weber Genesis 20 years ago and he thought I was crazy paying $500.00 for a grill. I can't even tell you how many cheap grills he has purchased in that time and how much money he has wasted. :crazy:

Back