Franklin Re-revisited

Rockinar

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I hit Franklin again on Tuesday. It was packed and the line went down the street I guess due to the upcoming 4th and people on vacation. Everyone I met was from out of State. It was pretty crazy. Met lots of cool people from across the US. One guy was from NJ and the only brisket he said he ever had was his own that was cooked in an electric smoker. He came all the way to Austin to try Franklin BBQ. I was thinking "This guy's life is about to change and so will his bank account in a negative way". I hung out most the time with this couple from Kentucky. The wife was saying she did not like brisket while we waited in line, After she was like "Wow, I did not like brisket because what I was eating was not good brisket".

Had a good time and got a pit room tour afterwards. I don't think it's the best BBQ I ever had, but the line is still a lot of fun and would go back.

2s76y3o.jpg

346l4l3.jpg

24yu7g9.jpg

Nice pics. I bet that smoker room gets pretty warm when they are all going. That place is definitely on my bucket list.

Nice pics. I bet that smoker room gets pretty warm when they are all going. That place is definitely on my bucket list.

It was actually not too bad. They have screen windows on 3 sides of the room and fans for circulation. It was "really warm" in there but not blazing hot like you would think.

Back