Saturday was MOINK ball day

chambersuac

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Decided it was way past time to do some more MOINK balls. Rubbed them with BBS Simply Marvelous Season All, smoked in the Egg at 250 with apple chips. Forgot to take pictures of the done MOINKs, but some were served "plain"; some were glazed with jalapeno jelly; some were glazed with a apricot jelly. This was my first time to do them on skewers - worked out well.
moink72010002.jpg

moink72010001.jpg

moink72010003.jpg

When the MOINK balls were done, I made a batch of ABTs, but forgot pictures of them, too. They were stuffed with cream cheese, jack/chedder cheese, and diced pepperoni. Sprinkled with BBS Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple.

Both the MOINK balls and ABTs were hits.

Lookin' good!! Gonna have to try them MOINK Balls on skewers!! Figure I can get about 6 down the hatch at one time that way. :shocked: Toothpicks just seem so dainty. :wink:

Making multiple MOINK balls on one stick can be good. Easier to get them on, and off, and turn them for sauce application, but the bad is if you drop one MOINK ball, the you drop the 3 or four on the stick with it.:shock:

Voice of experience talking here!

John

Not sure how I never thought of the skewer idea? Looks great!

I got the skewer idea from someone on here (don't remember who) - will do again. Easy handling, turning, saucing, etc. Of course, like was said before, you gotta be careful not to drop it :)

Hmmmmm...more pictures in the raw, Dan?
Thanks for reminding me about the skewer thingie!

if ya have any of the BBS spicy apple rub, i highly reccomend giving it a try. made some last week and they turned out great

if ya have any of the BBS spicy apple rub, i highly reccomend giving it a try. made some last week and they turned out great

I do have some - used in on the ABTs. It's really good - have you made pork chops with it yet? If not, please do yourself a favor and do it! Steph may be a rub wh0re, but he's good :)

Back