Memphis Advantage pellet grill

V1VRV2

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Haven’t posted in a long time. I had been thinking about getting a pellet grill for a long time. Found an older display model of the Memphis Advantage grill in Houma LA near my fishing camp for $1200. Doesn’t include WiFi and the direct flame insert like the current Advantage but the price was too good to pass up.

Did the first cook today. 7.5 lb choice angus brisket flat and three racks of baby back ribs. It also didn’t come with the upper grates so had to cut 2 racks of ribs in half to get everything on lower grate. Cooked brisket at 250 for 5.5 hours uncovered then put in foil pan covered with aluminum foil and lowered temperature to 225 and added ribs. Brisket flat probed like butter after 9 hours total and 200-205 internal. Did baby back ribs on modified 3-2-1 at 225.

I’m sold. The brisket and ribs were as good as the best I’ve ever done on my Shirley 24x65. Love the Shirley and yes maybe the smoke flavor on pellet smoker not quite as pronounced but I’ve never been a fan of heavy smoke. Used GMG gold blend pellets. So easy and food was delicious. Everybody in my fishing campground loved it.

Congratulations! Sounds like a keeper!
I have the Memphis Pro and really enjoy the convenience.

Back