MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-12-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
Dalden46
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : David
Default Competition camper

Hey guys. This year i've done a few comps, both kcbs and sca and would like to continue. Me n the girlfriend have been talking about getting a camper for us and our 2 kids so the question is how big would be to big for the average competition.

We would like to look at campers in the 28-30 foot range but seems really big and I don't know how cramped some of these comps can be.

Thanks for the help guys.
Dalden46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
ClaytonSmoke
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Steve

Team sites are usually in increments of 10', so 20x20, 20x30 and up to 20x40. 40' spots are usually pretty limited and more expensive. Some comps are pretty flexible on how much space you take up or if you go over, but others have limited space. We have a 20' camper, but the spare tire on the back gets it to 22' for the two of us and we usually get a 30' spot. If you stay within 30' you should be pretty flexible.
ClaytonSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2020, 07:51 PM   #3
masque13
is one Smokin' Farker

Most of the comps I’ve been too I’ve seen multiple large campers/monster 5th wheels or even class A motorhomes.

I just bought a 35’ camper myself and when I start back up doing comps I will only be going to places that accommodate my rig cause roughing it out of a cargo trailer with no air conditioning, no bathroom, no shower and no bed is over for me. Lol
Gateway 55G Drum
masque13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
Dalden46
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : David

Yea, I'm not into roughing it up here in the winter's. We want something big enough we could still take the kids camping also. We were looking at a 22 footer but maybe we will squeeze a few more and go 25-26. Thanks for the input guys.
Dalden46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

You won’t have any problems with a 30’ camper at nearly all KCBS events.