• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Introduction and Thank You

shonb123

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So I decided it was time to start making my own BBQ, and Father's day was the perfect excuse to buy myself a smoker. Living in Texas I have enjoyed fine BBQ all my life, but sadly it took me until today, at age 34 to experience the satisfaction of smoking my own BBQ. I did some homework, bought an Akorn and fiddled with a few dry runs before putting some baby back ribs on early Saturday morning. I won't get into the details of the cook but I have to humbly admit they came out awesome! I want to say thank you to the members of this forum for being such an amazing resourse! In the process of researching the Akorn that I had already ordered I learned about the UDS. I talked to my brother in law about getting together to build a few of them and he jumped on board. We found the gigantic UDS post on this forum and planned our builds. Today after eating that first batch of ribs we staring building our UDS rigs. I am very excited to throw something on that pit, probably next weekend......

So again, thank you so much for the amazing resource. As I write this I have a brisket on the Akorn going slow and low all night for Father's day. I have been working a lot lately as many of us do. Slow cooking on the pit already has been a great way for me to slow down, relax and enjoy my family and friends.

Glad to be here and Happy Father's Day!!!!

Shon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 87
Good choice Shon, and welcome to the Brethren! You will love your UDS when you get it made and have a chance to use it.

Blessings, :pray:

Omar

I couldn't agree more about the resourcefulness of this website. Took me 48 years to realize the same thing you did. My first four cooks have turned out just great due mainly to the tips I read in this forum.

Welcome, Shon!

This site is full of priceless info, the search bar at the bottom will be your best friend! I'm doing my 1st whole hog next weekend, and I don't feel so intimidated with all the info I found on here. Best of luck!

206n5f7.gif

Welcome to the forum Shon, you'll find there's a great buncha folks here!

Stay smokin!

-J

Welcome! You will enjoy your BBQ greatly when you are a Brethren. I look forward to your sharing your Pr0n.

Back