KCBS + Restaurant Depot = No admittance

TEC

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I saw a thread a while ago that stated things were square again with KCBS members getting day passes at Restaurant Depot. So myself and my KCBS member holding buddy went tromping up to Restaurant Depot here in Atlanta this morning and we were told flatly that we would not be admitted. The lady behind the counter even showed us a hand written note on her computer monitor stating that no day passes were to be given to anyone. When I told her that their national marketing director issued a statement back in November saying that KCBS members were eligible for day passes she told us that her, nor her manager knew nothing about it.

So what is the deal with KCBS and Restaurant Depot?

Did your KCBS member holding buddy print out the information from the KCBS web site that tells the RD receptionist what to do to allow you access? That might have helped.

Yes, you need the coupon from the KCBS site along with your ID card. It has the code, which when punched in the computer should show the associate what the number is associated with KCBS.

(It's the same number that is on the coupon)

Yes, I we had the coupon that was posted here and we were told that it was old, out of date and that they don't do that anymore.

They need to key in the number on the printout and all sorts of info pops up on screen for them, your KCBS member number is useless to them but the number on the KCBS printout is I believe their actual RD account number.

Yes, I we had the coupon that was posted here and we were told that it was old, out of date and that they don't do that anymore.

Is the number on the current coupon on www.kcbs.us the same as the coupon you have printed out currently?

I would double check and possibly call RD and have them notify your store that this indeed is valid. Good luck!

I went in a month or so ago with the coupon from the website and my KCBS card and was told it was a no-go - there was no longer a deal with RD and KCBS. She let me in anyway, probably because I'm so hot. :rolleyes:

This took place after it was announced that things were square with KCBS and RD btw - she put in the code and everything, and got the message that the day pass deal was no longer in place. Does this mean RD needs to update its info with KCBS or does KCBS need to update its info with RD? :noidea:

I dont understand why they seem so eager to turn away business.If you even sort of meet the requirement to shop there, who cares. sell away.

BTW, I went to the one in MN and I got the 3rd degree from the lady working the front desk and barely let me in. asking me if I knew who was in charge of the account and everything. It was like "sorry, I just want to spend 300 dollars today at your store"

I have a resellers cert and applied online. supposedly all I had to do was show up and get our cards. Last Sunday we went and were told that no, we had to apply in-store also. I had the KCBS coupon printed out and with me as a backup, and when I told the girl I didnt understand why I wasted my time applying online when I had to do it again in the store she cheerfully gave us a day pass without me even needing the KCBS info. I would print the coupon off the KCBS site and take it in. If they refuse, call KCBS while standing at the counter.

As a side note, after we got home I remembered RD had sent an email with my member number that I was supposed to take in, so the issue was my fault, not theirs. But we still got in and was able to get a smoking deal on a couple butts. 99 cents a lb!! I got to talking to the meat manager and told him I was looking for a good supplier as we are starting to cater, and soon compete. He knocked the price down on a twin pack to convince us to sample their product :grin:

I consider myself to be very luck I see. I have never been rejected at the RD near my house. Walk in, get the pass, shop, and pay.

I have to admit that I cheated...:icon_blush: I occassionally had trouble with the KCBS card so I filed for a tradename for a catering business and got my own card. Worked like a charm ever since.

I went in a month or so ago with the coupon from the website and my KCBS card and was told it was a no-go - there was no longer a deal with RD and KCBS. She let me in anyway, probably because I'm so hot. :rolleyes:

This took place after it was announced that things were square with KCBS and RD btw - she put in the code and everything, and got the message that the day pass deal was no longer in place. Does this mean RD needs to update its info with KCBS or does KCBS need to update its info with RD? :noidea:

I'm glad see that I am not the only one experiencing issues.

I saw a thread a while ago that stated things were square again with KCBS members getting day passes at Restaurant Depot. So myself and my KCBS member holding buddy went tromping up to Restaurant Depot here in Atlanta this morning and we were told flatly that we would not be admitted. The lady behind the counter even showed us a hand written note on her computer monitor stating that no day passes were to be given to anyone. When I told her that their national marketing director issued a statement back in November saying that KCBS members were eligible for day passes she told us that her, nor her manager knew nothing about it.

So what is the deal with KCBS and Restaurant Depot?

Are you going to the one downtown or Norcross??

I literally was at the Norcross one about an hour ago and I put my card on the counter as I always do, she picked it up, did something on the computer that looks like looking up a code, took out the little piece of paper and wrote the code down and said "have a nice day". Didn't flinch for a second.

I just spoke with the manager of our Atlanta store and he said you are more than welcomed to shop in the store (which you are.. there and any of our stores if you show your KCBS membership card). I am very sorry for the trouble. If it ever happens again, please ask to speak to the store manager.

-Anna Lada
Restaurant Depot Marketing

I have to admit that I cheated...:icon_blush: I occassionally had trouble with the KCBS card so I filed for a tradename for a catering business and got my own card. Worked like a charm ever since.

Did they say it was only good monthly? As in if i didnt use it in a month i needed to reapply?
I took my tax id and got a card and all, and thats what they told me, i dont often drive the 1-1.5 hours to get there, only when im in a pinch for briskets.

Havent been back since... Seems a way to not sell product.

I went to the one in Memphis one week ago and used my KCBS coupon with my membership card - they let me right in and did not do anything on the computer but gave me a hand written day pass – like Mr. gtr I am sure it was because I too am hot! :confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back