MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 08-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #646
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Hey, somebody tell Gore to stop sitting on the port side, it makes us look like we're gonna capsize. Keep his giant arse centered on this thing!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #647
High Q
is one Smokin' Farker

......from the farthest waters of the wine dark sea, Captain Q, his first mate Mr. Smee and boatswain Quohog receive word from CINC Overland Fark of the impending battle against the Noobian uprising.

Captain Q: Mr. Smee bring her around and make all sail for the following coordinates.

Mr. Smee: Aye Captain! Our orders sir.

Captain Q: We are to rendezvous with Farkanaut with all dispatch; We are to join her crew under Admiral Bigabyte, engage the Noobians and put down their rebellion for Q and country.

Captain Q: Now, Quohog, assemble the children for shameless pictures and engage the MOAB (Mother of all BBQs).

Mr. Smee: Straight wakes Captain, the wind favors us and the Noobians are finished.

Captain Q: Aye Smee, now where are my strawberries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"Houston is a wretched little town composed of about twenty shops, and a hundred huts, dispersed here and there, among trunks of felled trees. It is infested with methodists and ants." -Emmanuel Domenech, Catholic Missionary, 1848
High Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #648
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

Default Official TD Entry The Red Menace

As a blood red dawn begins to rise in the Southern Seas the Noobian Armada continues to engage a severely damaged SS Farkanaut.

Radar Officer: "Sir, we have still seen no signs of life aboard the SS Farkanaut."
Captain:"Very well, flood the Fore torpedo tubes and prepare to launch the Red Menace."
Torpedo Room: "Captain, tubes one and two are flooded and we have a firing solution."
Captain: "Launch both tubes."
I was in the mood for a little asian fusion this week so I put together a Char Siu Bahn Mi. A little tribute to China & Vietnam.

Marinated some sliced pork shoulder using a hybrid of recipes I got from Landarc and Aussie Bill and marinated it over night.
Marinated.jpg

The night before I sliced some carrot, daikon radish and some jalapeno into matchsticks and pickled them in salt, sugar & white vinegar.
Picles.jpg

Pork went onto the grill
Onto the Grill.jpg

And while it was cooking I whipped together some Sirachi, Lime Mayo
Mayo.jpg

and picked a fresh cuke from my garden which I did a quick pickle on using salt, sugar, rice wine vinegar, white vinegar & Xiao Xing (sp?) Wine.
Sliced Cuke.jpg

About 45 minutes later the pork came off
Cooked.jpg

And it was sandwich building time. First a layer of mayo followed by the radish, jalapeno & carrot pickles, the quick cuke pickle and some cilantro.
First Layer.jpg
2nd layer.jpg

Then I sliced the pork
Sliced Pork.jpg

And layered on a healthy amount to finish off the Red Menace
voting pic
Voting Pic.jpg

Radar Officer:"Sir, the Red Menace has impacted the Farkanaut below the water line on her Starboard side and she's beginning to go under."
Communications Officer: "Sir, we've been able to pic up a signal which appears to be playing on continuous loop aboard the SS Farkanaut, though we've been unable to decipher it's contents, it does appear to be a video of some sort."

Captain:"Very well, it appears that the Farkanaut is done for. Turn to a bearing of 275* and full steam ahead."

As the Noobian Armada leaves the site of the battle the Captain reflects to himself: "Those poor Bastidges, they didn't even put up a fight. What could they have been up to?"

Meanwhile aboard the Farkanaut the video which was intercepted continues to play, keeping the crew mesmerized.
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #649
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

They still don't see it coming.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #650
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Think we should put out some more of those decoys?
MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient[/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #651
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Hey, any of you veterans know how to steer this thing? It looks like the noobs are taking this seriously and didn't just load up onto a party boat like we did.
Quality over quantity has always been my mantra.

We farkenauts don't panic in the heat of battle. We measure our response. Besides, there is still plenty of time time for us to unleash an ecode entry.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #652
Happy Hapgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecopaws View Post
Think we should put out some more of those decoys?
Good Idea...for now:

Hamster

Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #653
Arg1129
On the road to being a farker

@Ms2sb, great frontal assault! Coming into the weekend, this is sure to stir up some counter offensives. Let's stay vigil and keep lobbing rounds downrange! Viva la noobian resistance!!!
[COLOR="Green"]Brit Racing Green[/COLOR] Thermapen
Mavrick ET732
Arg1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #654
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Good Idea...for now:

Hamster

It would probably go well with this:

[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
Thanks from: --->
Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #655
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Time for an underwater response to the sinking of our decoy. If for no other reason than I want to go back to drinking and watching this over and over.

First we will prepare the underwater mines and a foil garlic toast torpedo.

A close-up of the mines reveal them to be studded with explosive peppers, onions, and cilantro. And held together with the dreaded oatmeal. And dusted with the deadly Simply Marvelous Season All.

Once paired with a sauce made from Big Butz No Butz, SBR, a can of chopped tomaters, and a heaping helping of sautéed onion and garlic, it all topped a healthy portion of spaghetti noodles and was sprinkled with parmesan cheese.

Oh, and it was launched with an additional torpedo, that can be seen in the background of that picture. That last picture might as well be used as an "official" entry.

Now, back to the floor show. Between the decoys, torpedos, and mines, that ought to keep the Noobians distracted for awhile...
Old 08-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #656
PYGBOYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS2SB View Post
As a blood red dawn begins to rise in the Southern Seas the Noobian Armada continues to engage a severely damaged SS Farkanaut.

Radar Officer: "Sir, we have still seen no signs of life aboard the SS Farkanaut."
Captain:"Very well, flood the Fore torpedo tubes and prepare to launch the Red Menace."
Torpedo Room: "Captain, tubes one and two are flooded and we have a firing solution."
Captain: "Launch both tubes."
I was in the mood for a little asian fusion this week so I put together a Char Siu Bahn Mi. A little tribute to China & Vietnam.

Marinated some sliced pork shoulder using a hybrid of recipes I got from Landarc and Aussie Bill and marinated it over night.
Attachment 69241

The night before I sliced some carrot, daikon radish and some jalapeno into matchsticks and pickled them in salt, sugar & white vinegar.
Attachment 69242

Pork went onto the grill
Attachment 69243

And while it was cooking I whipped together some Sirachi, Lime Mayo
Attachment 69244

and picked a fresh cuke from my garden which I did a quick pickle on using salt, sugar, rice wine vinegar, white vinegar & Xiao Xing (sp?) Wine.
Attachment 69245

About 45 minutes later the pork came off
Attachment 69246

And it was sandwich building time. First a layer of mayo followed by the radish, jalapeno & carrot pickles, the quick cuke pickle and some cilantro.
Attachment 69250
Attachment 69247

Then I sliced the pork
Attachment 69248

And layered on a healthy amount to finish off the Red Menace
voting pic
Attachment 69249

Radar Officer:"Sir, the Red Menace has impacted the Farkanaut below the water line on her Starboard side and she's beginning to go under."
Communications Officer: "Sir, we've been able to pic up a signal which appears to be playing on continuous loop aboard the SS Farkanaut, though we've been unable to decipher it's contents, it does appear to be a video of some sort."

Captain:"Very well, it appears that the Farkanaut is done for. Turn to a bearing of 275* and full steam ahead."

As the Noobian Armada leaves the site of the battle the Captain reflects to himself: "Those poor Bastidges, they didn't even put up a fight. What could they have been up to?"

Meanwhile aboard the Farkanaut the video which was intercepted continues to play, keeping the crew mesmerized.
Nice Noobian entry, now that you are the Warlord of our alliance.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #657
Happy Hapgood

Fantastic entry Zydeco! The noobs are trying to shake that blow off but it had to hurt them BAD!!!

I too am preparing for a direct assault on the noobiean hoards.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #658
seadad9903
Full Fledged Farker

The only thing that hurt were my eyes after staring at Michelle for 10 minutes.

good looking entries for both sides!!
seadad9903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #659
PYGBOYZ

Default From the Galley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS2SB View Post
After initial contact the Noobian fleet continues to stock the wounded yet apparently unresponsive SS Farkanaut.

Fire Control: "Captain, Jerk Chicken is loaded and ready to fire."
Captain:"Fire when ready. The fire from this round should get their attention."
The marinade for the jerk chicken consisted of green onion, garlic, ginger, white vinegar, serranos, habanero from my garden, walla walla sweet onion, lime juice, allspice, cinnamon, black pepper & cumin.
Attachment 69213

The spices were toasted and ground and then thrown into the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. I then broke down the whole chicken and hit it with my needler to help speed up the marinade process.
Attachment 69214

After about a 6-hour soak I pulled the chicken out.
Attachment 69215

Then threw it onto the Traeger at 425* for about 45-minutes. It came out juicy and delicious.
Attachment 69217
Voting Pic Below
Attachment 69216

I served it up with some cilantro, roasted poblano & lime rice and a refreshing black bean & peach salsa.
Attachment 69218

Fire Control: "Captain we've scored another direct hit to the SS Farkanaut!"
Radar Officer: "Sir, we've made visual contact with the Farkanaut. Fires can be seen burning on the aft deck. She's continuing to maintain current speed and course."
Captain: "Prepare the next volley, let's send her to the bottom!"
Very Nice my Warlord, Thanks for taking care of the Crew with such Great chow from the galley.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #660
campdude
Babbling Farker

I was gong to go up on the deck to lauch a shot at the noobian fleet, then I saw the temp up there. That fire must be worse than we thought! I decided to stay below deck and keep watching the movie!

Last edited by campdude; 09-06-2014 at 09:34 PM..
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote