First Post from Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbqred

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Former sports writer turned computer consultant turning BBQ enthusiast. Have used a Weber 22-inch kettle for a couple years and bought a Chargriller Smokin Pro with Christmas money this year.

Only have time to cook on weekends and weather in Delaware has been horrible (wet) most weekends. Have managed to smoke some ribs, sausages and Beer Can Chickens so far, while burning the paint off the SFB during my last cook (put on a big log and didn't pay enough attention to the temps hitting nearly 400 :shock:). At least I didn't destroy the ribs .

Attended my first Pork in the Park competition in Salisbury, Md., two weekends ago. Very windy but fun for my 6-year-old son. Ate a four-meat dinner from Florida Skin N Bones. Think I'll enter the Backyard competition there next spring.

Now looking for a small chest freezer to store meat. There are many good sales on ribs, pork butts, etc., during the year and our little refrigerator can't store the meat I'd like to buy when the sales hit. Figure the freezer will pay for itself in a short time.

Glad to be aboard.

Welcome from Indiana!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back