Wood stove coal cook?

NOHENS

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I dont get off till 7pm and want to cook up some chops on the grill. My question is I think i'll just get a bunch of coals out of the wood stove when I get home and not have to wait for a chimney to get ready....why not? I tried to do a google for this but found nothing!? Anyone else do this? I just burn oak, hickory, cherry, and other hardwoods? Be quicker...and dump the coals in the grill....ready! And make more room to fill the stove up to get the chilloff! anyone?

With those types of woods, I'd say go for it. I cook on the coals in our fireplace.

using the coal from that wood stove it perfectly fine to start up your grill. I have pulled some coals out of my fireplace to put into my chimney to start up more lump and it works just fine.

With those types of woods, I'd say go for it. I cook on the coals in our fireplace.

Thats what I thought? just fill up my coal bucket out of the stove....go out back and dump it in the weber! Grill is ready!!!!! And save charcoal.:clap2:

Thats what I thought? just fill up my coal bucket out of the stove....go out back and dump it in the weber! Grill is ready!!!!! And save charcoal.:clap2:

You might consider disconnecting the smoe alarms :biggrin1:

Nothing better than hardwood coals to grill over.

You might consider disconnecting the smoe alarms :biggrin1:

Haha. My stove is in the garage...so its all good! Just thinking why waist charcoal when its already going in the stove! I will give a report tomorrow how it went! I will try to post pron....but im not very computer savy?:icon_blush:

Back