Will the lid fit on my UDS?

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying this off of CL and wondering if the Charbroil 22.5 kettle lid would fit/work on my build in progress (55 gal drum). Does anyone have one of these on their UDS? What about the price, $45 never been used and in the box sounds good to me.:wink:

http://omaha.craigslist.org/hsh/839176745.html

If the mods think this thread needs to be moved, sorry wasn't quite sure.:icon_blush:

If it is a Weber and that is the total cost. They are $89 at Lowes all day long.

It MIGHT fit. Not all barrels are created equal. To get mine to fit (closed drum) I had to cut off the top bead (still seals well. Others have cut the top few inches off a kettle as an adapter.

Get the kettle and use the lid to shop fo rthe drum for your next UDS. ;)

Not sure norco? it has a lid with a rim that it sits on top (flat lid) The item is a Charbroil 22.5"

Is $45 too much?

If your drum lid is removeable...just use it. Browse through the UDS thread for the hole pattern for your lid.

Personally I think $45.00 is too much for a lid.

If your drum lid is removeable...just use it. Browse through the UDS thread for the hole pattern for your lid.

Personally I think $45.00 is too much for a lid.

i plan on using the flat one, but if i want to use two racks I'll need to use a dome lid, right?!

Back