MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #226
campdude
Babbling Farker

DUBBAGA and Diesel Dave are doing a great job keeping this the top. I'm trying to help as much possible. None of us are getting anything out of this other than seeing a fellow Brethren's dream come true. Come on folks, this is all or nothing. We need to hit the $30,000 or Neil gets nothing. I challenge the next 20 people who look at this thread to each pledge $10. The small pledges add up fast. Let's get this done before time runs out.

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #227
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

10$ is lunch money and you can get some BBQ for it later on

Old 02-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #228
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rant-build-out

Old 02-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #229
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
I've decided that for the drawing for those that pledge or up their pledge this month will be for 4 rubs, their choice, from Simply Marvelous or BPS!
These will be in the 16oz container size so lets keep this going!!!!!

Hit the link in my sig to help Bigmista get his dream
This isn't a joke, just ask frognot and PWA who will be receiving their Oakridge rubs within the next few days. When an offer is made, an offer is met. Why are we doing this, especially as most of us aren't any closer to Neil than you are, and we have no personal stake in his success?

Check out the following threads as a reminder about what being a "Brother in Smoke" really means:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=170486
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=161357
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=147092

I haven't been around here for very long, only for a few years actually, but during that time it has become apparent to me that Neil is truly one of "the good guys". He has shared his knowledge freely to anyone who asks, because he was one of us. Have you read the mother of all UDS threads? If you did, you would know that Neil started off from humble beginnings, with a home made smoker on a balcony (does that sound like you??? it sure sounds like me - just without the balcony). But then he did something that most of us wish that we had the nerve to do, he turned his passion into a business. Eventually he was able to quit his 9-5 to focus on BBQ. And he isn't just surviving, but he is thriving. We have all seen him on BBQ Pitmasters, and probably all saw him in the Arby's commercial. Did you ever wake up one morning and picture yourself in his spot... I know that I did.

After pondering things, it seems that I am living vicariously through Bigmista. Maybe this is why I am so passionate about the Kickstarter project to help Neil and Phyllis finish their restaurant on schedule. They are the success story that the rest of us can rally around. For all of us that had a dream which we didn't pursue, this is an opportunity which Neil is kind enough to offer to us. He is opening his arms and allowing us to share in his dream, and make no mistake, this dream will become reality.

Thank you Neil, Phyllis and everyone who has been a part of this project for the last 12 days. Each of you have touched me in a very special way, as I feel connected to everyone who has pledged, as we are all sharing the same dream, even if it isn't exclusively ours.

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)

Old 02-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #230
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

I hope by the end of this you get sick of seeing offthehook. Bump

Old 02-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #231
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offthehook View Post
I hope by the end of this you get sick of seeing offthehook. Bump

however

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Old 02-04-2014, 01:37 AM   #232
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for the Rub as Promised I'm offering a free meal at my BBQ Shack for every donation over $20. I figured out a way I can verify it!!

Good luck BigMista

Clint
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website

Old 02-04-2014, 05:03 AM   #233
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Dang thanks a lot Clint for that offer! Good on you Brother

Folks this is a great way to help a Brother for just a few bucks, come on and help these two wonderful people out please.

vvvv Just hit the red Help Bigmista right below to go to the Kickstart page

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 02-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #234
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

update: as of 2/3/14 at 5:58am PST the project has 90 backers with $9,113 pledged, and 17 days to go... the past 24hrs = 2 new backers, with $100 pledged. Now this project needs an average of $1,228.65/day for the next 17 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwa View Post
Thanks for the Rub as Promised I'm offering a free meal at my BBQ Shack for every donation over $20. I figured out a way I can verify it!!

Good luck BigMista

Clint
- Thank you so much Clint

Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe - Gail Devers

Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #235
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwa View Post

Good luck BigMista

Clint
Now how am I gonna get to Alaska...

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #236
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

BUMP
keep it going guys!

Old 02-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #237
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

This Kickstarter project needs some help... CLEAR...

Old 02-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #238
MrsMista
Full Fledged Farker

Wanted to jump in and give a special thank you Dubbaga, Diesel Dave, Campdude and anyone else who's helping to keep this post going. The page won't allow us to use the word discount but just know there will be discounts ranging from 6mos to 3yrs on our shipped products (rubs, t-shirts, and whatever else we decide to start shipping) and our restaurant for anyone visiting. So say a prayer give thanks for what we've accomplished thus far.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #239
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

You're welcome MrsMista and BigMista

Nice to see you here and we're doin our best to keep things rollin for you two.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 02-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #240
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Always nice to hear from you MrsMista. It is very touching at the amount of support that the Brethren have shown towards the project already (in many different ways). We all have different financial situations which dictate what can and can't be offered monetarily. This is why anything that has been pledged is being met with such appreciation from all of us - as that person's $10 pledge could mean the difference between eating chicken for dinner, or chicken flavored ramen - we simply don't know. And those who haven't been able to assist financially have been supportive of the thread, of spreading the word, and including you and Bigmista in their prayers.

I believe that I can speak for all of us by saying that the greatest thanks you can give to us is sharing the stories and pictures of your successful restaurant opening... ok, and maybe by making peeps the face of your advertising campaign (people from West Hollywood love BBQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post

Closed Thread