Tri Tip UPC code or #??

mikeincg

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everybody!!!

I have a quick question, here in the Houston area none of the local stores knows what a real tri tip is. Does anybody know what the UPC code or number? is for Tri Tip so that I can give the store so that they can look it up. I have searched on the site but I cannot find it. Thanks in advance.
Mike

http://www.the-greatest-barbecue-recipes.com/tri-tip.html

Often called Tri Tip Steak, or roast, this little known, lean, highly flavorful small roast cut from the sirloin primal will, when cooked right, ensure your backyard barbecue fame.
Although extremely popular in the Western States, it is scarce in many American markets. Also known as "bottom sirloin butt", or "triangle roast", you can get it through your butcher with the following reference to the IMPS/NAMP system:
NOTE: (IMPS refers to the USDA approved Institutional Meat Purchase Specifications (IMPS) for fresh beef, pork and lamb. NAMP refers to the North American Meat Processors Association guide and is standard familiar to all professional butchers in America and Canada.

• Beef Loin, Bottom Sirloin Butt, Tri-Tip, Boneless, IMPS/NAMP 185C
  • Beef Loin, Bottom Sirloin Butt, Tri-Tip, Boneless, Defatted, IMPS/NAMP 185D

Hope that helps.

Chris

Got one so these British butchers know what I want?

Sorry can't help with a number, but i believe the English cut them into steaks and call them "triangle steaks"? So maybe you can ask your butcher if they can get a triangle steak roast.?. In France they call them aiguillette baronne, maybe that will help your butcher figure it out.

Chris

Thanks man.

My butcher is English through and through so he wont know the French name for it.lol

Costco in Houston has them.It's the only place in town that has them
as far as I know.

did you find one? i havent seen anybody with tri tips around here lately

might be a little late and not sure if you wanted it for xmas but these guys have everything

http://www.bwmeatcompany.com/

4801 North Shepherd, Houston
(713) 697-2844

Back