MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
jgdusc
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Birthday butts and Sunday gravy with meatballs

My first overnight seemed to be a success. Son turned three and guest list was about 20. Had 15lbs of butts that needed to be cooked.

Trimmed and rubbed on the egg with stoker set at 225

Didn't crack the lid til about 830am to take a look. About 165 . ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360544211.884921.jpg

Wrapped and let them go til 190. Pulled and let them rest for about 45.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360544336.826003.jpg

Shredded one and chopped the other. Light vinegar base just to add some a hint. Sauce served on the side since everyone has different tastes.

Bark was amazing although should have added more wood for smoking. ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360544616.008842.jpg

2lbs homemade meatballs. Everything tastes better on the egg so when the recipe said brown in the oven at 450 I headed straight to the egg.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360545020.443238.jpg

After about 20 minutes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360545089.112562.jpg

Into the sauce for simmer. I can say it was fantastic. The meatballs picked up great flavor and a hint transferred to the sauce. Will definitely do this again

Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Looks good! I like to simmer my meatballs in the sauce on my bsk after the meatballs have browned, gives it a little somethin' extra.

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

I wrap also and sometimes I wish I had more smokey flavor. So I have been adding some chips along the way. Looks great, I have 2 butts resting right now.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

Everything does taste better on the EGG, Egglishis, as I like to say. Great looking pork and meatballs!