Church picnic and wife's birthday update

K

Koopdaddy

So I finally got around to updating my blog with some recent stuff I did.

I smoked 6 pork butts and grilled 80 lbs of teriyaki chicken for a local church picnic, about 160 people showed up. It turned out pretty good and I got a lot of positive feedback. Several people came up to me and said that the pork was better then the local bbq place (I have been there and they do have really good bbq) so that was nice to hear. Several wanted to know if I did this for a living.

Anyway I don't have very many pictures as it was a very busy weekend. I had asked my sister to take pictures but she really only took pictures of people at the picnic, and not the food. :roll:

I smoked all 6 butts at once in my UDS. I was able to find a donor kettle top so I could use the top rack. I put the butts on at 7pm Saturday and pulled them off around 9am Sunday. I wrapped them in tin foil and let them sit in the cooler till 11:30 am when I started pulling them. I was pulling the pork as it was being served so it was hot and juicy. The pork butts were so tender and literally fell apart in my hands it was awesome. I was worried that something would go wrong and the people would go hungry.

The following weekend was my Wife's birthday so I invited family over friday night for a special dinner. She requested crab and prawns so I ended up doing the Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (thanks for the recipe, it was a big hit!), Rib-eye Steaks, Crab and Asparagus Fettucini Alfredo, and Honey Walnut Prawns.

It was a lot of work and my Dad helped out prepping and even grilling the steaks.

Desert was a chocolate fondue which my Mom prepared.

Here are a few picks of what I made.

Enjoy!

DSC00915.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC03298.jpg

ce9c5d31.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

Partytime at Koops Place!
Pass it on!

Awesome job!
I love the color on that UDS,it looks somewhat the same as my Midi UDS except the blank metal on the outside got a nice Ugly,rusty coat now.:cool:

Wow..Looks great Koopdaddy! Love the sound of those stuffed shrooms too. :thumb:

Will you share a recipe?

Will you share your recipe for the walnut shrimp?

You must have made your wife feel really special! Good job!

Nice pretzels. Turn camera horizontal and use the rule of thirds. :p

Out of all the eye candy in those pictures you noticed the pretzels? :doh:

That's like a starving man complaining about the tablecloth...

Back