It's my wife's birthday...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
She requested a special breakfast... My breakfast specialty...

IMG_1374.jpg

Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce.

She want's polish style Roast Pork Loin for dinner. Pics of that to come.

Man that looks good!! was that served in bed? if it was i sure hope my wife doesn't read this..

Yep, if my wife saw this......................Sure looks yummy though.
Great Job.

Happy birthday Mrs Ron L. Im sure that was accompanyed by a great cup of coffee. Looks great

Happy birthday, Mrs. Ron L. That looks like a mighty fine start to the day, Ron.

OK... Here's dinner... My wife bought a small pork loin (about 2 lbs.). I used a family recipe that called for seasoning it with a mixture of flour, mustard powder, garlic powder (Brauma's), sage, salt and pepper. Then I cooked it indirect on the gasser (My wife didn't want any smoke on it) for about an hour. Then I added a glaze of applesauce, brown sugar, cinnamon and ground clove and cooked it for another hour. It was very moist and tender. We served i with bread dumplings (frozen. My wife likes them), gravy and cole slaw.

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

OK--THAT's IT!!

Ron, you have my address.
My birthday is coming up!
I prefer breakfast at about 8AM and Dinner at about 6PM.
Come on down--
Pretty Please :redface:

TIM

Double that order Ron. I will meet you at the Kapn's house. I'll bring the fresh orange juice:mrgreen:

Youre a hell of a man Ronelle.

No doubt on the coffee.

You were probaly a hero after those meals.

Ron, is that side pork on the Benedict?

Happy birthday, Mrs. Ron L.

Great looking eats.

Happy Birthday to the Mrs. Ron. Great looking food.

The wifey says thanks, guys!

thirdeye said:
You were probaly a hero after those meals.

Ron, is that side pork on the Benedict?

Here's the assembly order...

Top ----> American Bacon
--------> Sauce
--------> Egg (poached preferred, but anything will work)
--------> Canadian Bacon
Bottom-> Toasted & buttered english muffin

and here's the sauce...

Ingredients:
3 egg yolks
1/4 t salt
2 T Lemon Juice
A couple of dashes of hot sauce (I used Spice's Fire Good!)
1/2 cup Butter

Procedure:

Put the egg yolks, salt, lemon juice and hot sauce in a blender. Melt the butter until bubbling (I use a microwave). Start the blender on low and slowly increase the speed until it is on the highest speed. Slowly pour the bubbling butter into the blender while it is running. (The hot butter cooks the egg yolks). Once all of the butter is in, keep the blender running for about 30 seconds or untill sauce is smooth.

This may not be the classic preparation, but it tastes great and is very easy (and low cholesterol, too! :-D )

Back