WHO says you CAN'T SMOKE SKIRT??

TELL YOU WHAT BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
'Props' to Jon Bon Jovi for the title -- FIRST smoke in BACKWOODS PARTY today -- tried a skirt
2hrs 40 min at 250* -- internal temp was 180 --WAY TOO high for most (I had some family responsibilites!) However, MEAT was like BUTTAH' --- Looks rough,but it was really good

JUST fired up the PARTY -- Check out the GURU PIT TEMP to start!!! Yikes....it's COLD IN NEW YORK!!! Puttin' in PACKER and BUTTS...

PS-- I have NO IDEA how to post PRON...sorry... I'm a COPY/PASTE guy.

Attachments

• Ferdskrt.JPG
    Ferdskrt.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 281
  • pit temp.JPG
    pit temp.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 280
  • skrt.JPG
    skrt.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Hope you don't mind me asking, what kind of wood did you use?

I've never slow smoked skirt steak per say. I usually grill it on a fairly hot fire with a chunk of mesquite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHY would I mind?? That's why we are here. EVERYthing says HIGH heat...I used Royal Oak charcoal and apple chunk. Turns out my 'mesquite' chunk...was apple -- my ADD kicked in and I reached in the wrong bucket!:icon_blush:

'Props' to Jon Bon Jovi for the title -- FIRST smoke in BACKWOODS PARTY today -- tried a skirt
2hrs 40 min at 250* -- internal temp was 180 --WAY TOO high for most (I had some family responsibilites!) However, MEAT was like BUTTAH' --- Looks rough,but it was really good

JUST fired up the PARTY -- Check out the GURU PIT TEMP to start!!! Yikes....it's COLD IN NEW YORK!!! Puttin' in PACKER and BUTTS...

PS-- I have NO IDEA how to post PRON...sorry... I'm a COPY/PASTE guy.

You GO boy!!!! I'm gonna do the same thing with Tri Tip!:heh:

Holycrap - sloatsburg!? Finally someone who is nearby.

P.S
If you are ever looking to sell that party, let me know!

Hey man, every once in a while I'll smoke some skirt as well. I only go about an hour then sear the hell out of it for a couple minutes. No, you won't get the nice medium rare but most of the extraneous fat melts off and you're left with extremely tender meat with nice smoke flavor. Again, do it more for variation once in a while. Enjoy!

Back