So... I bought this ham on sale...

Lunch, anyone?

Ivby25xl.jpg

Bit of a reprise of last night's Husk Cheeseburgers (in slider size/format) with tots and Naturiffic Hot Salt.

I got a little crazy and cut up the ham fat and threw it in a skillet on low.

We'll see what happens. :noidea:

S3Z3DJLl.jpg

Kroger had half hams like that on sale for 87¢ a pound awhile back. These were spiral sliced and had a glaze mix included. I bought two and cooked them in the oven as per the instructions and portioned them out and froze it all.

Can't buy lunch meat anywhere near that price, and I have two meaty hambones, one for bean soup and one that'll go in with a bunch of cabbage, carrots and turnips.

It all looks great. But the real success will come when you save the bone and some meat and cook it in a pot of beans. Pair with cornbread (always made in CI), fresh cut onions and a cold beer or three...

Glad to see you're enjoying the 26. They are AWESOME!

OIDJQSLl.jpg

OK. - GTFO.

This is GOOD.

CINCHOUSE and the munchkin are on their second plate of ham, collard greens, and homemade cornbread.

I also crushed 2 plates... and both my girls asked to have this in the next few days.

If you're even leaning toward trying a double-smoked ham.... this is your way in.

I'm an idiot, but this is delicious, and I could pull it off.

Don't worry, Adams - Cubanos are on the table for early next week.

I found that same ham on sale about a year ago, I think it was 99 cents a pound. But mine did not turn out anywhere near as good as your's appears. I really had no idea what to do with it. I knew that then, and now I really know it

Great job Marc. My oldest who doesn't even like ham that much wants it now. I didn't go nearly as fancy as you :razz: umm messed up the glaze so ran mine without anything just smoked in the open and it turned out amazing. I hadn't done one in probably 10 years. That is changing. Went to the store yesterday and got another for the freezer. Mine is about gone, vacuumed up steaks and small slices for pizzas.

Back