somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks catogory is...

"Fatties"
81326047.jpg

Photo from Thirdeye's Cookin' Site

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be grilled or smoked.
2) It has to be cooked during the current throwdown week (2/2 - 2/8 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on Monday 2/9.
4) Only one pic will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose.

The voting will begin on Monday evening 2/9 after I submit the "Vote" thread!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!:cool:

I am really excited to see the creativity that comes this week.

Does it have to include meat?
Oh dear God.:roll:

What the heck are you really trying to ask, Clint?:biggrin: You're not going vegan on us, are you?

Since "being made of meat" was not in the rules, then I guess it does not have to have any meat in it at all.

Oh dear God.:roll:

What the heck are you really trying to ask, Clint?:biggrin: You're not going vegan on us, are you?

Since "being made of meat" was not in the rules, then I guess it does not have to have any meat in it at all.

I doubt it. My digestive system is still messed up from the facon, but I do have a lot of it left plus a pound of faux-sage.

I'm thinking some thick pasty oatmeal could be formed into a log. Maybe even stuffed with raisins, rolled in cinnamon and brown sugar...

I wonder what that would look like smoked?

I'm thinking some thick pasty oatmeal could be formed into a log. Maybe even stuffed with raisins, rolled in cinnamon and brown sugar...

I wonder what that would look like smoked?

That's called and oatmeal cookie!:biggrin:

hmmmm ... you know goetta is made with steel cut oats :idea:

I had to look goetta up because this is the first I have ever heard of it. Interesting. Seems kinda like Scrapple in a way, but different.

Ok my entry. This was breakfast for dinner tonight. 3 eggs, 2 butter biscuits, hot sausage fatty with cheddar cheese and fresh jalapeno. Dusted with Tony's. My first time doing the minion method in the new OTG actually first time minioning ever. I used the charcoal basket filled it up with K Comp and mesquite chunks then threw 8 lit on top. Smoked for an hour and a half at 275-300. Still have plenty of fuel left over. It was kind of hard to keep it under 300. As soon as I'd open the lid the temp would spike. The K Comp worked way better with low and slow than it did grilling. Oh well enough with the chatter...

Missy029.jpg

i'm trying to loose some weight and this is already making me shed a few tears.:mad:

throwdown certificate

Chris is the man. Chris and Phil worked pretty hard on a winning throwdown certificate for my understanding and it is pretty COOL. My 8 yr. daughter and I got the 1st one, now it’s time to go after #2. Thanks Chris.

QD

Here is a sneak preview of the certificate. This is a draft version and not the final one. You can only see the certificate in final form if you win a certificate, but it is pretty close to this design.
sample_cert.jpg

Back