How many from the UK are here?

Haastyle

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm just curious. I think it is awesome. From where I sit it seems proper BBQ is becoming a bit of a phenomenon over there. Maybe I am off, but I sure am enjoying watching all their posts and first time go's. Impressed as to how well its going for them.

It's definitely the most trendy way of cooking at the moment and we've got BBQ joints popping up all over the place (none of them as good as they could be). I jumped on the bandwagon last October and have had nothing but success since. I also started curing and cold smoking meats (guanciale, bacon, pancetta, fish) and making sausages.

I need to get a trip to the USA sorted so I can see exactly what you guys are up to :mrgreen:

Meeeeee - just about finished my smoker - going to give it a test tomorrow

It's definitely the most trendy way of cooking at the moment and we've got BBQ joints popping up all over the place (none of them as good as they could be). I jumped on the bandwagon last October and have had nothing but success since. I also started curing and cold smoking meats (guanciale, bacon, pancetta, fish) and making sausages.

I need to get a trip to the USA sorted so I can see exactly what you guys are up to :mrgreen:

If you make the trip.... ask for recommendations here or you WILL be disappointed. An average brethren can out que 70% of BBQ joints.

Theres me too, I made a thread yesterday cooking a Fattie and some ribs on my UDS.

I think I'm addicted I'm already thinking of the next thing to cook. I'm thinking a pork shoulder.

I live in Cambridge UK .... lots to learn on this site .... BBQ is not just about banger sausages and hamburger patties which is the norm in the UK ...

I previously lived in South Africa (for most of my life) .... I used to BBQ at least 3 times a week (even in winter), but using a weber bbq as a smoker is new to me.

Had my first ribs this week .... was ok, (smoked with pecan wood) but I think an extra hour on the BBQ would have been better

Brisket is my next attempt ....

tonight it is just normal BBQ on direct heat (lamb chops and south african boerwors sausage)

We need a bbq brethren branded tea that will get more Brits here :razz:

2 cookbooks that help with ideas
1x Hawkesmore (more of a gastro pub)
the other is Pitt Cue Co - which is Barbecue Restraunt in London that started life as a trailer food stall & kinda got busy.

Back