$1500 budget need CO backwoods dealer/advice

M

mattyp1214

Hi everyone I've decided to make the jump and buy a backwoods party or used fatboy if I could find one. Wanted to know if there are any good dealers around denver or even cheyenne.

Also recommendations on what mods I need to purchase and why. Is the guru necessary?

Matty,

Are you looking to compete? If so, I've heard the Guru is a lifesaver for maintaining pit temps up here in the high country competitions. I've never used the Backwoods smokers, but I've heard good things. You should also talk to Michael (Chibi-Q). He built his own which is similar to a Stumps ...maybe he could build you one? He's in Ft. Collins and a member of this forum. :wink:

You should also post your request on the RMBBQA website, might get some more local views.

Kev

You might check the backwoods forum for used smokers
jon

The Backwoods website lists the Colorado dealer as Ruff's BBQ Shoppe in Golden, CO. Phone number is 303-237-1955. Also, as jonboy said, check the Backwoods forum for people selling used pits.
A guru is not necessary but is a great addition. The BWS will hold steady temps without it.

Depends if this is for backyard use or competition. We use 2 backwoods in competition and love them. We use them around the house and for catering also but after having them I wouldnt compete with anything else. I would say go with a fatboy used if you can find one. If it is going to be used for competition I feel that the fatboy's racks are better suited than the party's are if your only going to use one cooker. Also you get 2" insulation and a fixed water pan standard with the fat boy. Only down side is the fatboy is twice as heavy but in the big pictures its worth it. As far as the guru they give you piece of mind more than anything. These cookers will hold temp perfectly for hours without them.

Back