Will this stuff work?

Gasket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I found this stuff at wally world. I can not find butcher paper any where. Can I use this stuff instead? It's 100% recycled paper. All natural, no bleach or wax.

masking paper.jpg

I dont know but I just use parchment paper.

Easy to find, works just fine

100% recycled paper. What exactly does that mean from a food safe standpoint?

I have no idea whats in it

I'd use it and never think twice about it, but then I have eaten some stuff that would make a buzzard puke too so...

if you have your heart set on real butcher paper you can buy it on Amazon

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Boardwalk-BUTCH1840900-Length-Width-Butcher/dp/B004NEW93U/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1371421850&sr=8-7&keywords=butcher+paper"]Boardwalk BUTCH1840900 900' Length x 18" Width, White Butcher Paper Roll: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]

I have heard of guys using plain brown grocery bags too. I have never heard of a death from them

;)

I'd use it and never think twice about it, but then I have eaten some stuff that would make a buzzard puke too so...

As long as it is just paper, with nothing in it, it should be fine.

Agree^^! In a pinch I just use plain kraft paper from a picture framing shop - the stuff they put on the back of framed pictures to make them look pretty. Just paper, no additives, etc. My theory is stuff is coming out of the meat by the time you wrap so as long as there are no additives or coatings it good to go.

Back