I made some Green Chili w/pron.

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I usually make my green chili with chicken and canned green chile's. I switched it up a little bit this time. I did use some leftover chicken from the bird I spatched the night before.

IMG_3605.jpg

This time I added some pork to the recipe. I got some country style ribs or sliced pork butt. Rubbed it with some foil hat.

IMG_3592.jpg

and smoked it for a few hours until it was tender but not falling apart. I eventually cubed this up as well.

IMG_3607.jpg

The rest of the ingredients were diced onion, a few cloves of garlic, some Anaheim chile's that I roasted, chicken broth, mexican oregano, and some of this Hatch Green Chile powder that I picked up over at Da Gift Basket while I was shopping for some foil hat ingredients. Oh, and some beans :biggrin1: Great Northern and Cannellini.

It came out great, could of used some more heat, but hey the wife loved it.

IMG_3611.jpg

On game day I call it Eagles chili, and it must have been a good luck charm because the Giants missed the field goal, not once, but twice. :-D

:peace:

i make a very similar chicken chili/soup with great northern beans and cilantro and i love it. i've never smoked the chicken though, i may try it someday now. that's some good looking eats ya got there!!!

edit: you've just made my mind on what i'm gonna cook this weekend.:thumb:

Last edited:
I also like a chili Verde with pork. But I add some fire roasted tomatillos to the mix, along with the best mix of fresh peppers I can find fir the season, also fire roasted

But I'd hit a bowl of that for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Man that looks great!:thumb: if you want some real good heat, find some Hatch green chilies. Fresh roasted are the best but frozen chopped ones are also good. Just don't use that crap they sell in the can.

It has never occurred to me to make green chili - until now! That looks and sounds great - thanks for putting that up! :clap2:

Man that looks great!:thumb: if you want some real good heat, find some Hatch green chilies. Fresh roasted are the best but frozen chopped ones are also good. Just don't use that crap they sell in the can.

Thanks Bigdog, I would love to find some Hatch chile's, but it seems so farking expensive to get them shipped out here. The green chile powder I got came in two varieties, mild and hot. I guess I should've gotten the hot. Maybe next time. On the plus side it did have great flavor. :grin:

Wish I had a bowl of that right now for breakfast. Looks soooo good Jason!

Back