question for competition trailer owners

Mjball

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I am getting ready to layout my electrical plan. I plan on running on a Generator (30amp) panel. Are all your outlets GFCI protected or few or none? Does having a GFCI breaker (expensive) cause more problems or the way to go? The trailer will not have running water inside. Looking to shave a few bucks but be safe at the same time. Thanks for the help.

Most of the older fridge and freezers will trip a gfi,they will work then when a little moisture gets into the wrong place it will trip it. A gfi outlet will protect every plug on that circuit, its easy enuf to run a dedicated line for the fridge and freezer $4-$5 or so for a gfi outlet and may be required if set up in some places or if your trailer has to be inspected

Similar question to OP is if my trailer is wired for 20amp is there anything I can do if a comp only has 30amp hookups?

I have no GFCI outlets or breakers in my trailer. They cause too many problems for my tolerance.

I bought something very similar from that company off amazon I just wasn’t sure if it would cause an issue with overheating wires as one rev site those could be used with higher amp females and lower amp males but not to use them that way and it worried me.
It won't as long as you don't draw more amp than your wiring can handle. No matter how many amp you plug in to, you won't use any more than what you have plugged in asks for.

It won't as long as you don't draw more amp than your wiring can handle. No matter how many amp you plug in to, you won't use any more than what you have plugged in asks for.

Thanks, I will only be running lights and maybe a coffee maker at this one as I doubt I’ll need air conditioning yet.

I built out my trailer myself. I have 50 amp service and every breaker (6) is a GF breaker. The only part of my electrical system that is not GF protected is from the panel out to the plug in. I have used it for three years, keep it plugged in at home , have a full size fridge in it and have never tripped a GF. I would never install any wiring in a metal/aluminum trailer that wasn't GF protected. Wet weather/ metal construction/unprotected wiring > not a good combination.

Back