weber performer CL- good deal?

It's not a bad deal. These grills sell for $329 new but the new ones have a plastic table and do not have the 5 lb gas bottle. They use disposable bottles. I think the older Performers with the stainless table are superior to the new ones. If all the parts are there, including the filling adapter for the gas bottle, and the grates and charcoal baskets are in reasonable shape offer him $80 and see what happens. I recently picked up a 2001 stainless Performer for the great price of $40 but had to replace both grates and the charcoal baskets were completely shot. Good luck with your find.

YES! Buy it now!
As always try to bring him down on the price.

I'd offer him $90 and try to settle at $100. That seems to be the average price for the older stainless performers.

thanks guys. turns out it's about a 240 mile round trip, so fuel costs will be another 50 bucks maybe? there is a brand new one in box about ten miles from me but he wants 250 and no tank included. hmmmm..... :)

NIB??!! Buy 'em both! (If you can afford it.)

thanks guys. turns out it's about a 240 mile round trip, so fuel costs will be another 50 bucks maybe? there is a brand new one in box about ten miles from me but he wants 250 and no tank included. hmmmm..... :)

$250 new in box? I'd take that one. I'd offer $200 and if you're lucky he'll take it or perhaps meet somewhere in the middle. Also, if the new one is a recent model, then it uses disposable propane tanks, and those can be had for $2-3. Either way, keep us posted!

Back