Nelsonville, OH

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone going to be at the Nelsonville, OH, comp this coming weekend (20-21)? We aren't on the list yet, but we'll be there!

(and this time, we'll have our banner up!)

After cooking 840 lbs of butts last weekend, cooking that little bit of food for a comp will be a treat!

Curt wont be attending Nelsonville this year. But I want to wish you and your team the best of luck. I hope you take several walks as your one fine bbq team. I tasted your samples in G. Rapids. We want pictures............

Mike

Yes Curt, we will be there, tucked away in an anonymous dry corner. Look for a Klose Pit, and a red pick-up, and that'll be us. Northcoast BBQ Society. Woody

ps. should be cold and wet! Great combo!

With the rain coming in today, we're thinking of getting there a bit more leisurely than usual, leaving here sometime in the morning, getting there early afternoon, waiting for the rain to end before doing much more than prepping butts and briskets. The wet should end by tomorrow morning, it looks like.

If you find a dry corner, save us a spot!

We took eighth overall. First in pork. Curt took some hardware as well. It was very cold Friday night, but mellowed considerably by Saturday for a beautiful day! The team that won are good friends Ronnie and Michelle Wade who drive up from the Dallas Tx area every year. Kinda sad that the season is over! Nice meeting you Curt, Sorry we did not have more time! Woody

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=u7bq7ot.5emg3thx&Uy=-zapavo&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=960047126534_313863081109

We basically sucked wind... chicken turned out bad, pork was hated by all that tried it... brisket was good, but the judges didn't care for it, and we took 5th in ribs, which surprised me a bit. Most were just a touch underdone, I thought, but we got some that were done well, but didn't look too pretty... My wife did a great job dressing them up, though.

Overall, we ended up third from last... kind of humiliating, but that's how this stuff goes sometimes! :)

Congrats to all. Thats some fine looking hardware you have there!

cmcadams said:
We basically sucked wind... chicken turned out bad, pork was hated by all that tried it... brisket was good, but the judges didn't care for it, and we took 5th in ribs, which surprised me a bit. Most were just a touch underdone, I thought, but we got some that were done well, but didn't look too pretty... My wife did a great job dressing them up, though.

Overall, we ended up third from last... kind of humiliating, but that's how this stuff goes sometimes! :)

Our ribs were underdone as well. We were in the 12-15 range on them. I'm about to give up on spares and join the crowd with BB's

We did spares, and I seem to cook them much better than bb's. I don't know why our brisket didn't do better, other than just getting a table that didn't like it. The pork wasn't as bad as it seemed, but our chicken did suck. I'm seriously considering cornish beer can hens next year.

Here are our entries... Feel free to tear 'em apart

obchickbox.jpg

obribbox.jpg

obporkbox.jpg

obbriskbox.jpg

Back