**Messin' with the WSM's!**

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Decided to uncover the WSM's and cook up some Smithfield Pork Loin Backribs on sale this week at Safeway, $2.99lb. I'm going back and stocking up on these, they were pretty meaty!

Three racks coated with Dizzy Pig Coarse Dizzy Dust and I used the stainless steel Raichlen rib rack.

100_3290.jpg

Used a 9lb bag of Stubb's Natural briqs and a few chunks of Cherry.
Fired off with the weed burner.

100_2828.jpg

100_3289.jpg

Prepped 4 whole Chickens on a Throne with "It's The Law BBQ Rub" from sfisch in the last Trade- It is very good! "I fought the Law and the Law WON!! Thanks Scott!

Here I used a Weber chimney and 15 briqs worth of the Stubb's with Apple chunks.

100_3291.jpg

Both water pans run dry with Lava rocks and Pizza stones and a foil covered drip pan. *250 dome.

100_3292.jpg

100_3296.jpg

100_3295.jpg

100_3294.jpg

Chickens were done in @3.5 hours

Ribs were laid flat at 3.5 hours and sprayed with Apple juice and were done in under 5 hours. No foil. These tasted so good I didn't even sauce them!

The Stubb's is still burning long after everything is done. Try it if you can find it.

Fine looking grub, you gotta love it when the ribs don't need any saucing!

Nice! :p I wish I'd known about those ribs at Safeway before I bought my BB's at Costco...:icon_blush:

Brian;
What a great looking bunch of food and your set-up is awesome. Glad the rub
worked for you.

Scott

I didn't think you folks had green grass this time of year!

Good lookin' grub. I did some baby backs on my WSM a week ago with almost the same exact cooking parameters, and only served sauce on the side. The guys from my fantasy football league that ate them said that they'd never had ribs without sauce before, but were glad they tried them like that.

Fine looking grub, you gotta love it when the ribs don't need any saucing!
I agree. You don't need to sauce 'em when they look that awesome.:biggrin:

Great job on the food, swamprb. That is also one very impressive smokin'/grillin' setup. Thanks for the pics.

Last edited:
Brian,
Your WSM cart, is that a frame from a gasser?

Scott

It was an old rustbucket Performer. The gasser frames are too narrow. I turned the charcoal bin cover around and made a fold down table and the WSM legs set in PVC pipe caps screwed to the frame. I'm going to add a larger fold down wood table to the front and left side soon.

100_1758.jpg
100_1756.jpg

100_2305.jpg

Nice set up you have there. What's that green stuff in your yard? When I look out my window all I see is white.

Great cart, I will have to look around at the neighbors curb to see when they get rid of theirs.

Back