Calling all Eggheads

cardiac_cadet002

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I found a place down the road having a sale on BGEs. For $750.00 you get a Large BGE, the nest, eggmate, and BGE brand Lump. I think this is a fair price, what say you guys? Its a lot of money to spend, but the wifes on board and has given me the green light. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the price to maybe give me the push I need to drop the money.

That doesn't sound bad. I got the egg, plate setter, bag of charcoal, box of starter cubes and an ash tool for $700. I was in an egg store over the weekend and the larges there were 699.00 just for the egg.

You'd need at least a plate setter and ash tool to get started. So add $50. Compare to another local shop if you have one. Or wait and get one at an Eggfest.

Up here, its $700 for just the egg. That is a great deal.

You'd need at least a plate setter and ash tool to get started. So add $50. Compare to another local shop if you have one. Or wait and get one at an Eggfest.

^^^^What he said^^^^

Sounds good to me, best part is warranty comes with it.

Sounds good to me, best part is warranty comes with it.

Thats what has sold me on the BGE. I looked into Primo but they only offer a 20 year warranty. I plan on keeping it around a lot longer than 20 years so the lifetime warranty was a huge seller for me. I've looked into other places selling BGEs locally and that kind of a package on average runs $950. I get knots in my stomach just thinking of dropping that much money but it helps knowing that its a reputable product with LIFETIME warranty

There is your answer:mrgreen: You will love the cooker.

Paul

It wasn't easy, I've spent the last couple of weeks showing her some cooking vids on youtube with the BGE and of course, some of Rick's post didnt hurt either:cool: I should say that in turn she gets to order some seats from Texas stadium after the last Cowboys game this year!

See if they'll throw in a pizza stone or a cast iron grate.

Don't worry about the plate setter. Get the pizza stone and a spider ring to put it on.

That was a better price than the price I got, so jump on it before they jack their prices.

Back