Contest Announcment 2nd Annual Pellet Head BBQ Cookoff Competition/ June 24, 25/2011

Bentley

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
MarksParkandAirfieldphotolayoutCompetitionlayout.jpg

Short Notice for a lot of folks. Wanted to make new teams and folks in this area that might possible be interested in a low cost, Non-Sancationed, competition. $100 entry fee. Started out as an all Pellet contest, but was opened up to all fuel types so more could enjoy.

Marks Park & Airfield
E 9031 Zable Drive
New London, WI 54961

Grand Champion pay out is now $500 , also trophy and a Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone pellet pit . Reserve Grand Champion is $200 and trophy. Individual categories is $50 prize money and trophy for first and $25 for second thru third and ribbons.

It is not a big contest, it was aimed at experenced and new teams that want to come out and cook in a low cost, no pressure envirnoment.

If you are interested, please contact Grigg(Greg) at griggb@pellethead.com or 800-236-6647. He can get you more info and contest application.

I know he would appreciate the support. We are coming from Pasadena to support it. I know there are some sancationed contest the week before and after, but if you are not entered in them and are wanting to get your feet wet it may be a contest for you. Never competed in WI, but it looks like a nice place for a competition. It will be a standard 4 meat contest. Chicken at 11am, Ribs Noon, Pork 1pm, Brisket 2pm, Dessert 3pm. Judging will be standard Apperance/Taste/Tenderness with some CBJ's and some non-certified.

Thank you to the BBQ Brethren for allowing this to be posted. Hope it may fit into somes schedules. Thanks for taking the time to look!

Wanted to bump this one final time, hoping it might catch the eye of a few of the teams that were at Por Q and caught the bug and are looking for a low $ entry, low key competition.

Thanks again to the Brethren site for allowing this to be posted!

Folks ,I met the organizer of this event this weekend and he is a pretty nice guy . If we were already not committed to Woodberry I would be headed there although the way I am cooking lately either is a wasted entry . lol He was sayin that next year it will be a KCBS contest.

Good luck with your cookoff, just a little far for us to try to attend. Thanks for the post and best of luck with your cookoff.

Thanks guys! I know Grigg will appreciate all the support he can get!

Can anyone who lives in this area let me know will it be humid? We dont know humidity in So Cal.

Looks like the weather is gonna be perfect, come out and cook with us!

Can anyone who lives in this area let me know will it be humid? We dont know humidity in So Cal.

Yup plan for high humidity . Really sucked at work today and it wasnt that hot.

Thanks, brought plenty of shorts and Polos! Made it to Silverthorne, CO tonight. Nebraska and Iowa tomorrow and the night in Adair, then New London on Thursday!

Back