Shirley build in progress

Av8er

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I got some pics of my shirley build today. It’s a 50” straight back, elevated chamber, hip roof, insulated firebox with both baffles, extra grate in the warmer, stainless front shelf with backsplash, 3 probe ports, wood box, removable tongue, firebox ash pan and a jet burner for crawfish on front. I think that’s all! It’s coming along nicely and I can’t wait to get it. I decided to add my own Trutel thermometers and what size do you guys recommend? Also what stem length?

Attachments

• 1B0BC3A2-95A0-4BD0-B546-671D613DE570.jpg
    1B0BC3A2-95A0-4BD0-B546-671D613DE570.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 457
  • EF43E3E3-7414-4038-B1FF-8CC1DCEC044B.jpg
    EF43E3E3-7414-4038-B1FF-8CC1DCEC044B.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 458
Nice and the drive isn't that long when it's time to pick it up.

Nice build! Congratulations that is an awesome cooker with the options you went with.

You'll like the Tel-Tru's, you'll get more accurate readings on the long stem but the short stem works better if you have full size 21" pans front to back on the racks it will clear them.

Both of my Shirley cabinet's used short stem's for clearance.

Nice build, you are in good hands, my friend. In fact, if you are busy, I can pick it up and hang on to it for a while for you:heh:

Thanks everyone!
I just got off the phone with Tyler asking questions about the burner and a few other things and I have to say, he is a real nice guy. Looking like I will be able to pick it up next Saturday so I will have to decline the offer to hold it for me. I really appreciate it though, it’s a very generous offer. ;)

Will definitely look at the 5” Teltru. Thanks again

Very nice!

Can't wait to see it sitting in your driveway. :)

I don't know. I would go with the Tel-Tru link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't know. I would go with the Tel-Tru link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m gonna call them tomorrow. It’s the same part number so it should be the same thermometer.

It would save $40!

You may want to look around at some pics of how big the 5" therms really are, not so sure that's gonna look right on a 50" cooker. ~Just saying.

Plus it looks like you may run into a clearance issue with a 5", have to ask Tyler to check and see if the top latch handle will hit the right door thermometer if a 5" is used when it rotates to the right to unlatch. Looking at your door pictures it sure looks like the top latch will hit a 5" right about 11 o'clock on the bezel.

Mike has some good prices on the 3" glow in the dark Tel-Tru's: https://4thegrill.com/shop/tel-tru-glow-in-the-dark-barbecue-thermometer-short-stem/

Last edited:
Nice looking rig, familiar background lol...getting mine in about a week too! I went with 3" BQ300R Tel Tru's...4" stems in the main chamber 2.5" in the warmer... https://www.stlbbqstore.com/tel-tru-bq300r-calibratable-thermometer-4-stem/

attachment.php

Attachments

• Shirley Progress 2.jpg
    Shirley Progress 2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 392
Back