New competition sauce giveaway!

Just a quick update to this thread: Thanks to the help of IamMadman (Bob) you can now buy the sauce in New Jersey, at Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters 244 US-130, in Bordentown, NJ.

For the KC folks, KC grilling Company just picked it up as well, and if you're in Winter Garden Florida, Megabyte BBQ is selling it, and lastly, if you're in NC, Grill Billies BBQ is selling it as well.

Oh yeah, if you happen to be in Sydney Australia there's 20 cases headed your way too, at a new store called The Barbecue Company!

To follow through with an earlier post in this thread.....

I am having a Spring BBQ Season Kick-off with the Atlanta BBQ Store for those who want to try the complete line of Yes Dear BBQ Sauces. I am not affiliated with either Yes Dear or The Atlanta BBQ Store; I simply love the Yes Dear products, and Ellen at the Atlanta BBQ Store is easy to work with.

Currently my plans are that if you plan to buy a Yes Dear Red, and a Yes Dear Yellow, I will in-turn pay for the Yes Dear Competition Sauce.
Don't place that order yet.....

Some will ask, why with a purchase?
The answer is simple; I have literally given hundreds of various varieties bottles of sauces away over the years (too many to name). While many have used the sauces, there are about 40% whom I have followed up on at a later date, and they have mentioned that they never got around to trying the sauce. To me, it's like throwing my hard earned money into the trash, giving something away that might never be used. It may be free to the recipient, but I had to pay for it.

So my thoughts were, if the recipient has to invest a small amount to purchase a product in order to receive a free bottle, they are more likely to put the item to use to get the full value of their other purchase. Consequently, those who just want something for free, and might never use it (as indicated above) might be discouraged. If no one or only a few enter, I am completely fine with that; simply because at least I will know only those who are sincere about trying the sauces will enter.

Think of it as a "Buy Two - Get One Free" or even as a 30% discount. Still a good deal no matter how you frame it.

Don't place that order yet.....

If you wanted to try the Yes Dear line of sauces and you plan on placing an order in the next few weeks, then go to this thread http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269774 and Type "Count me In"

I will randomly select messages from that thread (not this one) only those whom I randomly select, will get a bottle of "Yes Dear Competition Sauce" included in their order from The Atlanta BBQ Store courtesy of me, with the required purchase.

See http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269774 for the selection criteria and requirements for the contest.

Good Luck.

enhance

I finally got to try my free giveaway sauce the other night. Very good stuff. I will have to get some more when this is gone.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
I used a third of the bottle of "Lemon Garlicious" (from IamMadMan) on a spatchcocked yardbird a few weeks ago. That stuff was magic. Now I know why the chicken crossed the road. It was to pick up a bottle of Lemon Garlicious.

To follow through with an earlier post in this thread.....

I am having a Spring BBQ Season Kick-off with the Atlanta BBQ Store for those who want to try the complete line of Yes Dear BBQ Sauces. I am not affiliated with either Yes Dear or The Atlanta BBQ Store; I simply love the Yes Dear products, and Ellen at the Atlanta BBQ Store is easy to work with.

Some will ask, why with a purchase?
The answer is simple; I have literally given hundreds of various varieties bottles of sauces away over the years (too many to name). While many have used the sauces, there are about 40% whom I have followed up on at a later date, and they have mentioned that they never got around to trying the sauce. To me, it's like throwing my hard earned money into the trash, giving something away that might never be used. It may be free to the recipient, but I had to pay for it.

So my thoughts were, if the recipient has to invest a small amount to purchase a product in order to receive a free bottle, they are more likely to put the item to use to get the full value of their other purchase. Consequently, those who just want something for free, and might never use it (as indicated above) might be discouraged. If no one or only a few enter, I am completely fine with that; simply because at least I will know only those who are sincere about trying the sauces will enter.

Think of it as a "Buy Two - Get One Free" or even as a 30% discount. Still a good deal no matter how you frame it.

enhance

Congratulations.....

The contest winners were drawn at random, and the winners were:

Big Ace Recipient 1

jermoQ Recipient 2

Eads Ranch Recipent 3

Sooner21 Recipent 4

Mike in Roseville Recipent 5

All accompanying orders have been placed, and the free bottle of sauce has been included, and all orders have been shipped.

Description of Red Sauce:
A thinner, slightly sweet, yet tangy sauce that compliments a wide variety of meats.

Description of Yellow Sauce:
A mustard based savory sweet sauce, a little sweet, a little savory, and a hint of heat. You can taste the mustard base, but it isn't overpowering. Think of it as a honey mustard on steroids. Yellow Sauce compliments pork, chicken, and vegetables. Try adding some to your coleslaw for some extra zip.

Description of Competition Sauce:
It's truly a right out of the bottle well balanced competition sauce. It's sweet but, far from overly sweet; it's tangy, but far from acidic; it's spicy but far from hot; simply a well balanced sauce like none other.

As you taste it; a little bit sweet on the tip of the tongue; a tangy twang as it rolls across your mouth; and finally a subtle hint of heat. This should be in your pantry whether you are a competition cook, or a back yard cook. Truly an over the edge taste experience.

This sauce is packed with flavor, and a little sauce can go a long way with zest, gusto, and piquancy. It tickles your palate, teases your taste buds, and has you craving another bite even before you finish chewing. Totally awesome on a wide variety of meats and vegetables. I even add a little to my coleslaw and baked beans just to take them a little over the edge.

For those who remember "Purple Pork Masters Competition Sauce", this is your replacement....

Thanks again Bob! I received my order last night, and immediately gave them all a taste test. The yellow sauce surprised me with the amount of flavor it has - it's going to be a good one. The red sauce is very sweet, and my son and wife will probably like that one the best. The competition sauce is full of bold flavors, and I'll be using that on some spares this weekend. I've been interested in this line of sauces for a while, and at first taste they don't disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better late than never .... Got a bottle of Competition via IamMadMan ,,, finally got a chance to use it.

First taste from the bottle ... it appeared to be thick and sweet but not overpowering sweet but a "neutral" sweetness. Could immediately feel just a little bit or spicey/heat that seemed to increase as I smacked my lips and poured myself another shot. Not uncomfortable burning but definitely increasing.

Vortexed some chicken wings and a) painted them with competition only, b) painted with competition with a bit of red wind vinegar, (because I like vinegar) and c) painted them with a mixture of red wine vinegar, competition and SBR.

I tell ya ... all were great and they didn't last long. This stuff is good no matter how you use it. Thank you very much for the gift IamMadMan.

I had an order delivered to me at the Sip & Swine Comp in Lawrenceville, Ga. a couple of weeks ago and I bought 2 bottles of the comp sauce. I used one for the comp and had the other in my stash. I am in the current trade round and decided to include it in the assortment that I sent to my trade partner, so I hope he enjoys it as much as we all have.

I cooked two racks of BB ribs tonight on the PBC and sauced one rack with the competition sauce that I won on here awhile back. I have to say they were awesome and much better than the rack without sauce. I will definitely be buying more of it when I run out.

It has taken some time, due to my health, but I was finally able to use the competition sauce I won today. I will be placing an order soon...

Back