Woodlands (Houston), Texas help

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've got a really quick trip to the Woodlands at the end of the week and I'll be hosting some Koreans. I was wondering if someone in the Houston area could help recommend some places. I was looking at Truth and potentially Corkscrew BBQ, but both close early. Killens BBQ is open a bit later. Was wondering if someone could recommend something open a bit later -- I know, if they're open later, the grub's probably not so good.

The other thing I was hoping to locate was a steakhouse. I'm not talking about one of those fancy-pants steakhouses that serve Wagyu on toothpicks with umbellas, but one off the beaten track, maybe twenty or thirty miles out in the middle of nowhere, that has been there for 50 years and just serves big steaks and nothing else. When I grew up in Arizona, there were a few of these that just offered a big Cowboy Porterhouse of about 2 pounds and a small Cowgirl T-bone of about 1 pound. I figure there ought to be someplace in Texas near Houston having that sort of ambiance -- I think you know what I'm talking about. Don't mind a bit of a drive to get there. That would be part of the fun.

I've had a pretty good steak at T-Bone Tom's in Kemah. SE of Houston. I was staying in the Webster area near NASA. Open pretty late if I recall.

Thanks, I was planning to go to Killen's but Pearland is over an hour away. I thought there might be something on the north side. Went to Goode Company last night. It was pretty good, definitely a step above Ruby's. :)

Back