Mojoe Relleno (Fattie) The making

B

bbqjoe

DSC00616.jpg

Sausage, Mozzeralla cheese, Fire roasted green chillies (canned).

DSC00620.jpg

Green chilli split open and deseeded.

DSC00619.jpg

Large pocket formed in sausage.

DSC00621.jpg

Green chilli placed inside with chunk of mozzeralla.

DSC00622.jpg

Closed up, reformed, and sprinkled with red chilli powder.

.... nice job !!! Mine don't look as good, but taste OK .... problem is, I haven't figured out how to keep the cheese from leaking out when I reheat 'em. I know, I know ..... I should just avoid having any leftover!

Still searching for the ideal fatty rub.

Looks simple and unique at the same time Joe. The flavor combination sounds right. If you have mexican cheeses localy available (asadero, anejo, some others) or even Monterey Jack, it may add a little to the ensemble. Those canned chilis are a very good flavor for me. I would also add a little cumin, but the chilis probably have that flavor aspect covered. My unsolicited comments can be taken with a shot of Grey Goose and a couple grains of aspirin if neccesary.

Definately like the presentation, definately. Going to try that myself next weekend.

Kevin said:
Looks simple and unique at the same time Joe. The flavor combination sounds right. If you have mexican cheeses localy available (asadero, anejo, some others) or even Monterey Jack, it may add a little to the ensemble. Those canned chilis are a very good flavor for me. I would also add a little cumin, but the chilis probably have that flavor aspect covered. My unsolicited comments can be taken with a shot of Grey Goose and a couple grains of aspirin if neccesary.

Definately like the presentation, definately. Going to try that myself next weekend.
I appreciate the positive comments.
Can I still have a shot of grey goose anyway?

Hey Joe, thanks for the step by step. Looks great, I love the canned chiles. I will try with some Mont. Jack of Pepper Jack, I like the spicy stuff. On another note. The "divorce" has caused me some unexpected expenses. Will not make it this week. Maybe next week. I got kinda jacked on my catering gig. That is another story. I will get there though.

bbqjoe said:
I appreciate the positive comments.
Can I still have a shot of grey goose anyway?

Yes, but closer to closing time. Don't want to blow the portion control. They'll expect that much every time.

DSC00623.jpg

8 Cajun, 8 Garlic, 8 Rellenos with only 1 real blowout. (Middle rear)

Oh ... a blowout! C- grade on this batch. Shoot them up to me in St George, UT .... it's so farq'n hot out (105*F) they'll be ready to eat when they arrive!

I tried to go 'low fat' with some local chicken sausage prepped like this, and I'm back on the pig! .... pretty untasty.

Man, Joe, that looks really nice.

Are those legless Gila monsters?

I'll be trying that as well.

Is the blowout the accidently-on-purpose thing for the cook?

I just had two tuna salad sammies, but I did close my eyes and think
" Relleno,relleno" whilst eating....
No, it didn't work
ModelMaker

jt said:
I'll be trying that as well.

Is the blowout the accidently-on-purpose thing for the cook?
Naw, I don't have to purposely make mistakes in order to eat!:-D

That was the old days when working for others.

Just joined....looks super tasty. Going to have to give it a try!

Seems a bit strange to have the sink drain on the cutting board though...I'll omit that from the receipe!

Smoke on!

Back