MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #196
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Default BBQ Remote App Updates

Hi Everyone,

There is now a webportal where registered users can view a detailed graph and history of all of their cooks.

http://appdesigngeeks.com/appdesign/.../myAccount.php

We have all fixed the loading time when the app first connects. All updates to current beta versions and notes can be found here.

http://appdesigngeeks.com/appdesign/...bbqremote.html

If anyone has any questions/feeback/enhancement requests please contact me or email [email protected]
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #197
easternsmoker
Found some matches.

Any chance Palm has released the new windows app yet?

I am loving the android app Chad!!!!
easternsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #198
HKChad
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternsmoker View Post

Good deal, I'm actually working on it right now, adding the ability to manage the Control and System settings from the app. Might rework the alarms. Have you tried those out yet? They are independent of the ones in the cyberq but I might enable alarms based on their Alarm Dev. Really I'm open to suggestions. I noticed a few little bugs, I didn't enable the cook/food status right so if you hit your setpoints the app may crash, fixing that now as well. This 1.1 interface is SO much nicer to work with! MAJOR props to BBQ Guru for listening to their end users, only makes their product more attractive when developers can easily access the data, I question their skills as writing xml, but whatever, it works.
HKChad is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #199
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Yes the new version is ready. I have a couple of other users who have tested it. Here are the temporary instructions to use until I update my website.

The controller needs to be reset to default and in adhoc mode before installing the firmware. Press all 4 direction buttons at the same time for 5 or more seconds. It will display a message that it is resetting.

I suggest that you make a screen shot or note all the settings you have first to make it easier after the upgrade.
There are instructions in the attached CyberQ Wifi doc for the upgrade. I don’t want to give you any tips now because I want to see if the instructions are clear enough. But if you get stuck, let me know 

**** Save your cooks to excel as this new version’s database is incompatible with v1****
After the firmware upgrade, un-install my app first before installing v2.0.0.5.

***********READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST*************
***********READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST*************

Download the firmware and new user guide.
http://wedonet.net/Files/CyberQ_WiFi...1_Firmware.zip

Download my windows application.
http://wedonet.net/Files/CyberQWifiC...3_v2.0.0.5.zip

Let me know how it goes.

Rick

Quote:

Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #200
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Yes, Chad thanks. Haven't tried it yet, but looking froward to running it on my android tablet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKChad View Post
Good deal, I'm actually working on it right now, adding the ability to manage the Control and System settings from the app. Might rework the alarms. Have you tried those out yet? They are independent of the ones in the cyberq but I might enable alarms based on their Alarm Dev. Really I'm open to suggestions. I noticed a few little bugs, I didn't enable the cook/food status right so if you hit your setpoints the app may crash, fixing that now as well. This 1.1 interface is SO much nicer to work with! MAJOR props to BBQ Guru for listening to their end users, only makes their product more attractive when developers can easily access the data, I question their skills as writing xml, but whatever, it works.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #201
flashflood
Found some matches.

Quote:
I question their skills as writing xml, but whatever, it works.
Heh. Yeah. I would have preferred JSON, but as you say: whatever. For such trivial data the format hardly matters. For my little gnuplot graphing tool I don't even use an XML parser, I just use bash. Literally, it's curl or wget of all.xml piped to this:

Code:
get_status() {
    local IFS="<>$IFS"
    while read W N V E R
    do
        [ "/$N" = "$E" ] && eval $N=$V
    done
}
This converts a line of XML like "<FOOD1_SET>1800</FOOD1_SET>" into the executable (vla eval) statement FOOD1_SET=1800.

(If you haven't played with this, no, that's not self-clean mode -- the temps are reported in units of degrees * 10, which is goofy, but whatever.)
flashflood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 AM   #202
easternsmoker
Found some matches.

Chad I do have the alarms setup right now. I have a pork butt cooking right now.

I am running an unofficial version of CM10 on my phone and it is less than stable. But I am having a horrible time keeping the service running. I am going to blame the OS not your app for that though. The alarms do work when I can keep the service running.

Palm I have the new version running. Looks great. Thanks for adding in the pit temp alarm!!

Last edited by easternsmoker; 08-16-2012 at 06:41 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #203
HKChad
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflood View Post
(If you haven't played with this, no, that's not self-clean mode -- the temps are reported in units of degrees * 10, which is goofy, but whatever.)
Considering they are doing this all on a low power processor the *10 actually makes sense. They can still use an int and get 1/10th precision. On these tiny processors floats or doubles take up tons of space and are slow to process. So 1805 is 180.5. Now do we really need .5* increments? Probably not considering the probe's error tolerance is +-2* lol, so point taken.

Quote:
Chad I do have the alarms setup right now. I have a pork butt cooking right now.

I am running an unofficial version of CM10 on my phone and it is less than stable. But I am having a horrible time keeping the service running. I am going to blame the OS not your app for that though. The alarms do work when I can keep the service running.

Palm I have the new version running. Looks great. Thanks for adding in the pit temp alarm!!
I know it has an issue when rotating the screen, that will make it crash, when you say you can't keep the service running is the app crashing (ie Force Close) or does the service just stop? If the app can't connect to the CyberQ after a few tries (out of range, wifi disconnects, etc) it will terminate itself otherwise it will sit there and keep trying to get updates, eating up battery. I ran some ribs the other day for about 6hrs and never had an issue with the service. Always glad to hear feedback so thanks!

Chad
HKChad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #204
easternsmoker
Found some matches.

Quote:
I know it has an issue when rotating the screen, that will make it crash, when you say you can't keep the service running is the app crashing (ie Force Close) or does the service just stop? If the app can't connect to the CyberQ after a few tries (out of range, wifi disconnects, etc) it will terminate itself otherwise it will sit there and keep trying to get updates, eating up battery. I ran some ribs the other day for about 6hrs and never had an issue with the service. Always glad to hear feedback so thanks!

Chad

It was only crashing when I was upstairs now that I think about it and my wireless can be a bit spotty up there. I also had it on 2 second updates. I will back it off to at least 30 second updates next time and see how that works. The error that came up flashed by really quick, but it did look like it something about the connection.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #205
mark2215
Found some matches.

Palm,
Upgrade to 1.1 firmware no problem. I'm trying to run 2.0.0.5 but I keep getting

"Unhandled exception had occurred in a component in your application. An error occurred while executing the command definition"

I uninstalled previous version before installing the new version.

Chad, I tried using the android app and it tells me "preview app exceded timelimit. please update." Any updates?

Keep up the great work you guys. It's awesome to see this kind of support for the cyberq
mark2215 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #206
bobbytuck
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Hi Rick --

Downloading your 2.005 app now. What's different between this and 2.04? Were you able to implement the post 80 username/password feature on the updated CyberQ firmware?

Great software!
bobbytuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2012, 09:41 AM   #207
bobbytuck
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appdesigngeeks View Post
Hi Everyone,

There is now a webportal where registered users can view a detailed graph and history of all of their cooks.

http://appdesigngeeks.com/appdesign/.../myAccount.php
Very nice. Any change of an 'Export to Excel' for the data? (Or is it there and I missed it?)
bobbytuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #208
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Bobby,
I have not looked at that yet. Next version I will add that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytuck View Post
Hi Rick --

Downloading your 2.005 app now. What's different between this and 2.04? Were you able to implement the post 80 username/password feature on the updated CyberQ firmware?

Great software!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #209
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

EDIT Nevermind, wrong app
Bobby,
You can export from the "Cook Data" section. Is that what your talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytuck View Post
Very nice. Any change of an 'Export to Excel' for the data? (Or is it there and I missed it?)

Last edited by palmtreefrb; 08-16-2012 at 11:10 AM..
palmtreefrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #210
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Mark
Can you send me a screen shot. I'll PM you with my private email.

Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2215 View Post
Palm,
Upgrade to 1.1 firmware no problem. I'm trying to run 2.0.0.5 but I keep getting

"Unhandled exception had occurred in a component in your application. An error occurred while executing the command definition"

I uninstalled previous version before installing the new version.

Chad, I tried using the android app and it tells me "preview app exceded timelimit. please update." Any updates?

Keep up the great work you guys. It's awesome to see this kind of support for the cyberq